corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Visiting Paris..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Visiting Paris..
Minty_Fresh

User status: Offline
21st Dec 14 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So me and the misses are visiting Paris for 3 nights in a few months..

I have heard dodgy story's regarding crime and violence in the city towards tourists, how true is this?

Obviously there's pick pockets etc that you get in any city so standard precautions is normal, but violent crimes is another thing..

Any info would be great.

Thanks
GB123
Premium Member

22nd Dec 14 at 00:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you want to know, crime stats?

No different to any other major city really, just stay in the popular areas and you'll be fine.
p

22nd Dec 14 at 02:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep what he said ^ don't worry, sounds like utter bullshit. No different to say London, Rome, Buenos Aires etc usual pickpocket types and opportunists. And yeah, stay in the tourist places and the 'normal' places in Paris and it's fine. Stay clear of the shit areas (perhaps you wanna Google where in Paris they are) but I seriously don't you'll be venturing in to those.

And out of interest, violence towards tourists?!? The ones who bring all the money in police are out and about like any other major city and obviously they want their tourism to be as great as possible. But without wanting to repeat, it's just going to be the usual pickpockets, beggars, and opportunists and that's about it. Look after your valuables like you should do wherever you go.

[Edited on 22-12-2014 by p]
Jambo

22nd Dec 14 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went in october for the second time, got a bit lost late at night and walked all over the city, never ever felt in danger whatsoever.

Around the Eiffel tower you will get aggressive sellers of tourist tat and umbrellas, just move on.

Would say it's no more dangerous/safe than London etc. Perfectly fine.
whitter45

22nd Dec 14 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paris is great - feel safer in Paris than i do in London although they have problems with Pick pockets

avoid people who offer gold rings they claim to have found on the street - they work in pairs and pick pocket you while the other is distracting you
pow
Premium Member

22nd Dec 14 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Utter shit, it's just the pick pockets. Have your wits about you and you'll be fine. Been a couple of times with the ex now.
Russ

22nd Dec 14 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you must get on well to go with her to paris, twice
GB123
Premium Member

22nd Dec 14 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also you probably won't be, but if you are driving be prepared, everyone drives like a bellend.
Haimsey
Premium Member

22nd Dec 14 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
Also you probably won't be, but if you are driving be prepared, everyone drives like a bellend.

Paris really is no different to here then...

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Dom

22nd Dec 14 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
Paris is great - feel safer in Paris than i do in London...

It's just a shame it's full of Parisians

Minty_Fresh - As Pow mentions, just keep an eye out and keep a tab on your belongings; but tbf, it's no different to any other city apart from being one of the most overrated cities on the planet
pow
Premium Member

22nd Dec 14 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a lovely place to spend a long weekend
Dom

22nd Dec 14 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

pow
Premium Member

22nd Dec 14 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol what? It is! Easy to get around, a bit to see, I like all the little cafes and shit like that!
Dom

22nd Dec 14 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

France is a lovely country but Paris is a pretentious dive of a place full of absolute wankers (Parisians; people complain about Londoners but Parisians take the piss). Far, far better places to see and visit in France than Paris, especially if you're after a romantic getaway
Cavey

22nd Dec 14 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like Rome Dom, and tbf, most capitals
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Dec 14 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate Paris - love France but hate Paris, dirty hole and not as nice as most capital cities. Parisians are so pretentious that the rest of the French population hates them!
Neo

22nd Dec 14 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hated Paris, transport staff were all on strike so ended up walking everywhere. The odd time the metro was open they were crammed of stinking frenchies. Loads of times I had people aggressively asking for money for charity etc etc. Dirty disgusting expensive shithole tbh. No worse than London though tbf.

Only reason I'd go back is the Louvre
pow
Premium Member

22nd Dec 14 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I like it as well as liking many other parts of France

Never touched the metro, walked everywhere

[Edited on 22-12-2014 by pow]
N16K

22nd Dec 14 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was there September this year had no issues with crime of any sort. Avoid taxis they are the biggest thieves I encountered! Also in tourist areas youngish people with clipboards pretend to be deaf and ask you to sign petition, turns out they want money/donation!
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Dec 14 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

There are much, much better places to spend a weekend!
pow
Premium Member

22nd Dec 14 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Verona is worse
Jules S
Premium Member

23rd Dec 14 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
quote:
Originally posted by pow

There are much, much better places to spend a weekend!

Agreed

It has to be done at least once though, and it does get better when you get to know the place
Bonney

23rd Dec 14 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went this year for a weekend and it was an experience.

The place stinks, we stayed in the opera district which was a good walk from anywhere. Rubbish everywhere and full of ignorant people. There was a load of tramps about too some getting very aggressive with other tramps who got on their patch.

Taxis are expensive, usually they take you down all the back roads to avoid the queues and also go the long way round deliberately to bump up the fare.

Around the Eiffel Tower it is full of people selling the ornaments of the tower, just as you get rid of one another pops along, they are the worst when you are leaving the tower as its a narrow walkway so you have 10 of them stood in front of you trying to get you to buy them.

When we went it was one of the hottest days of the year, think it was +30 degrees and with there been no breeze it was really humid.

Personally I wouldn't go again, there are better places to go, but for an experience it's worth going!
DaveyLC

23rd Dec 14 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
quote:
Originally posted by GB123

Paris really is no different to here then...

I take it you've not experienced French drivers? They make this country look like we're all IAM Instructors.
DaveyLC

23rd Dec 14 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
Rubbish everywhere

That's Art.

quote:
and full of ignorant people.

They are French people.

quote:
There was a load of tramps

They are drunk French people.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Visiting Paris.. 23 database queries in 0.0172110 seconds