corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polishing Windscreen

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polishing Windscreen
Norcy91

User status: Offline
7th Feb 15 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got any advice on doing this? I've got Auto Glym Glass Polish but my windscreen needs something a bit more powerful than that! What can anyone recommend? Or should I just go to the professionals?
_Allan_

7th Feb 15 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mr Sheen
AndyKent

7th Feb 15 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once clay bar'd my screen and the visibility out of it was epic. No idea if it was a good idea or not but didn't do any harm at the time.
Neo

7th Feb 15 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've mop'ed my windscreen on multiple cars. Never had any problems. Infact I regularly use megs wax on the screen too, no problems and makes visibility ace.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Feb 15 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wax on the screen is terrible for when you need your windscreen wipers to work. Makes it go all streaky
--ToM--

7th Feb 15 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only if you use shit wax
Steve
Premium Member

7th Feb 15 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P21s is a pretty decent carnauba wax
Steve
Premium Member

7th Feb 15 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant it makes the water go streaky because it just beads up and creates lines rather than bunching together and wiped off
Neo

8th Feb 15 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had that problem Steve
--ToM--

8th Feb 15 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me neither
Steve
Premium Member

8th Feb 15 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?50058-Can-I-polish-wax-my-windshield
ed

8th Feb 15 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember speaking to Rich H about trying to polish out scratches in my windscreen. I think he said the stuff to use was jewellers rouge, but it was a difficult job because you generate a lot of heat which can damage the screen.
Neo

8th Feb 15 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprising that megs says don't use that product, instead buy another product to do it....

Like I say, never personally have I ever had any problems with clay'ing, machine/hand polishing and waxing my windscreen. This may not be dealer recommended but it works for me.
Graeme
Premium Member

8th Feb 15 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what the problem is.

I have flatted a polished scratches out before but it's not a quick process.

A good clean, clay, polish, clean and then glass sealant is good. If you top up the screen every few months aswell works wonders and don't really use the wipers.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polishing Windscreen 22 database queries in 0.0095840 seconds