corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike people

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike people
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Mar 15 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going in for my bike test this year, theory next week, so looking for advice on a first bike.

A mate has a suzuki sv650 but I'm not a fan but advises going for a sports tourer. Then another mate just off a ducati 746r says go super sport.

Been looking at cbr600f, cbr 600rr and r6. Apparently the r6s power isn't very smooth which I may find hard as a new roder
?
Gary
Premium Member

18th Mar 15 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, don't want to spend more than 2500 as I'll prob fall off it.
jimmy 2.1

18th Mar 15 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suzuki GSR 600. Ideal first bike.
johnny86
Premium Member

18th Mar 15 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R6 is easy to ride my 1st bike too
Gary
Premium Member

18th Mar 15 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a fan of the gsr jimmy. Not enough fairings
jimmy 2.1

18th Mar 15 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CBR600 F Sport then.
johnny86
Premium Member

18th Mar 15 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And I just sold my r6 dirt cheap.. I'm buying an r1 in July but I bought a 2001 r6 5 eb for 1600. They are dirt cheap. I was scared of going fast and the bike wheeling but it only happened when I got confident
ShEp

18th Mar 15 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mates first bike was an R1, was sure he would kill himself

Still has it 5 years on, and still hangs onto it.
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Mar 15 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved my old SV650S. Great starter bike imo. Not stupid power and nice all round.
Dee25790

18th Mar 15 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there's a Honda import pretty sure it's a cb400. One of my dads friends rides one I had a quick go thinking of getting one for myself. Nice bike and moved some too!
Dee25790

18th Mar 15 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Other option is a bandit..?
Welsh Dan

19th Mar 15 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee25790
I think there's a Honda import pretty sure it's a cb400. One of my dads friends rides one I had a quick go thinking of getting one for myself. Nice bike and moved some too!

You're thinking of a VFR 400. Great bikes apparently.
gazza808

19th Mar 15 at 03:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only go as fast as you roll your wrist.

I took my theory then did a 3 day course with both practical tests on the last day, passed and jumped on a gsxr600 that afternoon,

Still got it today so tbh probably saved money rather than buying another slower bike selling it then buying this.
DaveyLC

19th Mar 15 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know what.. I wouldn't even bother! Especially now the test I so complex and time consuming.

I'm not sure about where you live but the roads around here are so poor it takes the enjoyment out of riding.

Combine that with the fact that we seem to live in the era of ignorance and that most drivers simply couldn't give a sh*t about other road-users, especially motorcyclists who appear to have become a sub-species?

DaveyLC

19th Mar 15 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
quote:

A VFR400 would be an AWFUL first bike...
S@M

19th Mar 15 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't recommend a full on sports bike for your first bike. People say they only go as fast as you make them, but you will make it go fast.
The Suzuki sv650s is a great all round bike and can be bought for in your budget, try get the newer 2003 onward shape. They also do ones with the lower fairing kit that makes them look miles more sporty
S@M

19th Mar 15 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here was my first one, it has custom paint work but you get the idea!

Gary
Premium Member

19th Mar 15 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the model of the one with the lower fairings?

Looks well does that BTW
S@M

19th Mar 15 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just an option from Suzuki, but you can buy the kits and just bolt on for any of the others without it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261385042213 here's an example of another, but this looks to also have an high rise twin exhaust upgrade
S@M

19th Mar 15 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gazza808

19th Mar 15 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S@M
I wouldn't recommend a full on sports bike for your first bike. People say they only go as fast as you make them, but you will make it go fast.
The Suzuki sv650s is a great all round bike and can be bought for in your budget, try get the newer 2003 onward shape. They also do ones with the lower fairing kit that makes them look miles more sporty

I ride with about 15 people, we all had sports bikes as our first bikes... only one has had an acciedent and that was a slippy drain cover would of happened on any bike.
Tbh the sv's don't hang about either. Tipping it into a corner on a gsxr or sv at 80 for a newbie rider will have the same outcome.
Graeme
Premium Member

19th Mar 15 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My first bike was a CBR400 NC23. Didn't like it personally. To small for me. The sv650s wasent much more power either.
AlexW

19th Mar 15 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SV650S, CBR 600 F Sport.

Two very different bikes, Honda being a fair bit faster and more sporty, but the SV is a properly easy bike to ride, can easily get the pegs down on it.

Pretty cheap to run too.
dannymccann

19th Mar 15 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Suzuki GSX600F, bit of an old fatty now on a 52 plate but very reliable and easy to ride. Certainly not the quickest thing on the road but plenty quick enough to lose your licence in one go if the mood takes you
Dee25790

19th Mar 15 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
quote:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161637232224

One of these cb400. My dads always raved about these and Andys is spot on. Revs very high tho so needs a good can or will sound quite raspy when you boot it

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike people 22 database queries in 0.0138011 seconds