corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Death Penalty

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Death Penalty
p

User status: Offline
10th Apr 15 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just curious as to people's thoughts on it? Good? Bad? Justified? Unjustified? Immoral? Moral?
Ben G

10th Apr 15 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure.

I watched the guy heinze Jr trial on bbc 3 last night. He was found guilty but they cut a deal to take the death penalty option off the table as the jury couldn't reach a verdict.

There are too many variables that could rule a person innocent/guilty. Check how many people have been wrongly convicted already.
Marc

10th Apr 15 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure this was discussed recently and the PC brigade/essay writers had a field day.
Tiger

10th Apr 15 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about if the evidence is absolutely 100% irrefutable Ben?
Robin
Premium Member

10th Apr 15 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it would definitely improve most football games substantially.
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Apr 15 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the defendant shows no signs of remorse and makes claims to commit the same crimes again (it has happened before...) then hang them, otherwise - death penalty should probably be off the table.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Graeme
Premium Member

10th Apr 15 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For 100% evidence and if admiring it!

9mm to the head, no long drawn out injection.

In a room, bang. Sent to incinerator!
Ben G

10th Apr 15 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
What about if the evidence is absolutely 100% irrefutable Ben?

Then of course they deserve the death penalty. As long as there is no doubt whatsoever.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

10th Apr 15 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I think it would definitely improve most football games substantially.

This line deserved more recognition. Cracking
Lee_fr200

11th Apr 15 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we should have a death penalty free up some space in prisons
JonnyJ

11th Apr 15 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cost substantially more than to keep someone in prison for life.

Absolutely no proof of it acting as a deterrent

Victims/family of victims say it doesnt bring them any more closure than those whose offenders are locked up for life

Chance of putting an innocent person to death

So, what exactly are the pros of having it?
3CorsaMeal

11th Apr 15 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a punishment it still hasn't deterred people. People will always kill people. Also people can spend years waiting to face the death penalty. By which time your probably pretty fed up anyway.
Marc

11th Apr 15 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

Victims/family of victims say it doesnt bring them any more closure than those whose offenders are locked up for life

Caught on camera butchering people and cute little kittens to death. Still lock them up?
Marc

11th Apr 15 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
As a punishment it still hasn't deterred people. People will always kill people. Also people can spend years waiting to face the death penalty. By which time your probably pretty fed up anyway.

Someone in Anerica was released last weekend after being on death row over 30 years. Finally found him innocent!
JonnyJ

11th Apr 15 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:

Caught on camera butchering people and cute little kittens to death. Still lock them up?

Well, yeah, cos it's cheaper and it wouldn't have stopped him killing the cats anyway. They're also easily replaceable, at that age you wouldn't have gotten too attached and some new kittens would be just as cute.

I'd support the death penalty if the pros outweighed the cons but they don't even come close. I dont want a poorer country for no gain in crime reduction, just so some blood thirsty neanderthals can get a kick, that's just shit value for money. I suggest people that support it be put to death for being so ridiculous.
Russ

11th Apr 15 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl at 100%

[Edited on 11-04-2015 by Russ]
ShEp

11th Apr 15 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rapists and Paedophiles should be castrated (in cases where there is no doubt)

People who have deliberately murdered people should die. No human rights, they forfeit the right to comment on human rights when they take someone elses chance.

That's just my opinion.
Russ

11th Apr 15 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, so all the ones that are in prison because they probably did it, but they weren't sure, so convicted them anyway should be set free...
N16K

11th Apr 15 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
Just curious as to people's thoughts on it? Good? Bad? Justified? Unjustified? Immoral? Moral?

imo depends on the case and evidence
jacko198

11th Apr 15 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not quite sure how it would cost more?

Having someone in prison for 70+ years possibly is alot more expencive than poisoning them surely?
p

12th Apr 15 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Not quite sure how it would cost more?

Having someone in prison for 70+ years possibly is alot more expencive than poisoning them surely?

Trials, re-trials, court cases, lawyers etc etc costs millions in the end, potentially.
p

12th Apr 15 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm really mixed. Part of me thinks the state shouldn't be able to dictate who can and can't live, I.e. They shouldn't have the authority to kill their citizens. Yet, also, murder for murder is obviously a tad hypocritical, too. I would love the world to be rid of pure evil, and why one could argue that some don't deserve to take a single breath again, surely 23 hours in solitary confinement, tiny cell, no tv and all that shit, would be like psychological hell and torture in the end, and that's pure punishment rather than taking their life and 'letting get them away with it' - yet, as some have stated, it's ridiculously difficult here.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Apr 15 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
surely 23 hours in solitary confinement, tiny cell, no tv and all that shit, would be like psychological hell and torture in the end, and that's pure punishment rather than taking their life and 'letting get them away with it".

I agree with that bit. I'm not sure on the whe death thing. I think it is a good idea on some ways but as above it's kind of a get out clause.
I think making our prison sentences more strict could give the same effect though.
Someone gets life at the moment there out after 10 years. Life in prison should mean life in prison. England's system seems abit laid back..

[Edited on 12-04-2015 by FlaFFy_91]
MoesTavern

12th Apr 15 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
Originally posted by p
surely 23 hours in solitary confinement, tiny cell, no tv and all that shit, would be like psychological hell and torture in the end, and that's pure punishment rather than taking their life and 'letting get them away with it".

I agree with that bit. I'm not sure on the whe death thing. I think it is a good idea on some ways but as above it's kind of a get out clause.
I think making our prison sentences more strict could give the same effect though.
Someone gets life at the moment there out after 10 years. Life in prison should mean life in prison. England's system seems abit laid back..

[Edited on 12-04-2015 by FlaFFy_91]

There is an argument that harsher conditions in prisons lead to more re-offenders though.
Balling
Premium Member

12th Apr 15 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what exactly are the pros of having it?
This is the only question that really matters.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Death Penalty 23 database queries in 0.0173419 seconds