corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Renault blocks undertaking driver in a Mercedes

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Renault blocks undertaking driver in a Mercedes
luciaadr

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 15 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've all been there, queuing as 2 lanes is reduced to one and some dick tries to cut in.

Personally I've always wanted to do what the Renault did, just never have and instead resigned to cursing them privately. I love both their determination.

Thoughts?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/11552932/Hero-Renault-driver-blocks-Mercedes.html
nathy_87

23rd Apr 15 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with the Renault driver on this, although I wouldn't have done it myself, I just wouldn't let the Mercedes driver in front of me.

On my way to work, just after a set of traffic lights the road goes from 2 lanes into a bus lane and single lane and every time you get people trying to get in front so me being the arsehole that I like to be, get closer to the car in front. I don't do it to be an a-hole but it's clearly signed as a bus lane albeit after the lights but you do get the same offenders.
Nic Barnes

23rd Apr 15 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dangerous driving on both parts. unsure what i think of it. the internet will decide.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd Apr 15 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Highway code and road traffic act are both on the side of the Merc, apart from the diving for the hard shoulder bit. Both say use both lanes and merge in turn at the hazard, unfortunately 90% of people, if not more, choose instead to be victims, they sit in a massive 1 lane queue and cry when people use the empty lane at the side of them, which is what official documents advise you to do.

Too many people see it as a battle and fail to work together, instead trying their utmost to stop people from merging which just causes everything to slow down all the more rather than keeping rolling and leaving a gap so that everyone can merge smoothly, no-one needs to get angry and no-one needs to cry that people are getting an unfair advantage because they all sat in a massive queue because they fail to understand that an 800 yard warning sign means that the lane closes in 800 yards not the second that you see the sign.

[Edited on 23-04-2015 by Mike]
Ben G

23rd Apr 15 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Renault driver is in the wrong.

Mercedes is doing what the highway code stipulates, although he's going too fast.

Anyone who think's the Renault driver and all the other plebs using one lane when 2 lanes are open, are doing the correct thing need to retake their driving tests.
AndyCorsaSport

23rd Apr 15 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with Mike. Had it numerous times this week on a road near work which they are doing roadworks during the day so it's down to one lane. There's 2 signs that say "Use Both Lanes" and people proceed to move over even though there is 200 yards left before it merges. I go all the way to the end, lane is there to be used. If a person decides to get all high and mighty and not want to let me in, that's fine, the next person usually does and I end up one car behind. Big deal. If I'm already in and someon does it to me, I let them in.

I've often seen it where the car behind me doesn't want to let the person in so I've stopped to let them past us both life's too short and there's much more important things to worry about than not letting someone 10 yards Infront of me.

I'd have done the same as the merc driver. Maybe now swerving about and using hard shoulder etc but I'd have use the left lane to the end as it's supposed to be.
_Allan_

23rd Apr 15 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both stupid but should use both lanes till not far from the end. I seen a US poster on a forum or that link show a vid of it working perfecly fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcPby71TNC0
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Apr 15 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Renault driver is wrong, and even if not, who the fuck is he to block other road users like that, is he the internet youtube police or something?
3CorsaMeal

23rd Apr 15 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Renault driver has been radicalised and this is an act of terrorism imo.
Jambo

23rd Apr 15 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Renault drivers a cock.

I never understand this fascination with drivers. It's exactly the same dickish behaviour I have experienced where someone is driving slowly in outside lane, they eventually move over, you accelerate and then they do to to not let you pull back in.

It's this moronic mentality that needs stopping, not someone going a bit too fast in a lane he is allowed to use in.

Dicks.
Stu_22

23rd Apr 15 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It maybe in the Highway Code but I'm going to stick up for the Renault. There is clearly a que to get through one lane so why should he jump the que. I'm sure everyone would get through quicker if it was just one single lane rather that 2 lanes merging at the last minute.

I'd prefer it if the close the lane further up so that the single que moves through better and there is none of the que jumping
Dee25790

23rd Apr 15 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Highway code and road traffic act are both on the side of the Merc, apart from the diving for the hard shoulder bit. Both say use both lanes and merge in turn at the hazard, unfortunately 90% of people, if not more, choose instead to be victims, they sit in a massive 1 lane queue and cry when people use the empty lane at the side of them, which is what official documents advise you to do.

Too many people see it as a battle and fail to work together, instead trying their utmost to stop people from merging which just causes everything to slow down all the more rather than keeping rolling and leaving a gap so that everyone can merge smoothly, no-one needs to get angry and no-one needs to cry that people are getting an unfair advantage because they all sat in a massive queue because they fail to understand that an 800 yard warning sign means that the lane closes in 800 yards not the second that you see the sign.

[Edited on 23-04-2015 by Mike]

I was in that traffic jam people moved into a single lane because they were laying out road works plus it took me hour and a half to get about half a mile so I like everyone else wasn't too keen to let people merge

Although what your saying is right

[Edited on 23-04-2015 by Dee25790]
Ian W

23rd Apr 15 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Renault driver is being a grade A twat, he is not there to police the road.
Lee_fr200

23rd Apr 15 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Renault driver is a cock, it's not upto him to control traffic, I think pulling out like that and then blocking a lane is dangerous driving
VegasPhil
Premium Member

23rd Apr 15 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not use both lanes until you merge in turn for the lane closure. Spastics all of them. No wonder the merc was fucked off.

[Edited on 23-04-2015 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Apr 15 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Merge in turn as per HC / RTA / generally not being a moaning English wanker.

You'd not see that type of carry on anywhere else in the world where people are more interested in actually getting where they're going than having a little fight in their own cabin because someone passed them.

Merge in turn. Unless you're a fucking bell end. Of which the country has a great many.

Mike
Premium Member

23rd Apr 15 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu_22
I'm sure everyone would get through quicker if it was just one single lane rather that 2 lanes merging at the last minute.

It's always going to be 2 lanes merging though, whether they merge at the hazard or half a mile before, there's still 2 lanes going into one and when you get people queuing in one lane, there's always a risk that the queue will end up extending back beyond the first warning signs, which means as more people come along, they have no option but to jump the queue because they don't know the reason for the queue until the signs are visible. It's a completely unfair system to merge early because it offers advantages to those already on the approach in the lane that eventually closes and it forces people already in the queue to be held up more than necessary. As a result people end up feeling hard done to and so try to stop people from merging which makes the flow of traffic even worse.
jacko198

23rd Apr 15 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm. I see the point with using both lanes etc.

I get pissed off with people flying down the outside and cutting in. EG a motorway slip road exit, big que yet people try push there luck by flying down as far as possible and cutting in. I do get a certain satisfaction mugging people like that off
Mike
Premium Member

23rd Apr 15 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like this you mean?

https://www.facebook.com/143233165824638/videos/502164826598135/
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Apr 15 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it such a game?

Both lanes are open.

What utter poppycock that to merge at the hazard is slower than to queue with an empty lane next to you.

Utter hogwash.

Two lanes down to one, see the warning signs (which you can see because you're close to the hazard because the cars are in both lanes therefore take up half the space), slow down, have a look out your windows and see who is there, work out who is going in front and who is going behind.

When you're in one lane, speed back up again to an appropriate speed so that the people behind you can merge at half what you're doing.

So many moany victim wankers want to update Facebook about how big the queue is when in fact its them causing it.

Push their luck indeed. What luck is this you speak of? Do bear in mind the same people that make it a game or luck are the same people moaning about people pushing in.

When its not a game - you'll find its far quicker when you use all the road and allow people to change lanes in front of you.

I think if you're of the mindset that people are pushing in then you're already doing it wrong. I don't want people to push in at the last minute etc. etc. Such a shit attitude to getting where you're going.

Oh no that guy wants to pull in, best not let him. Fuck off.

Have you noticed when you're in two lanes going the same speed - happens a lot on a 30mph two lane dual carriageway by me, everyone sat at 30, I need to turn right to get to my house. I know I'm going so I'm making early obs, can see everyone and what speed they're doing. Indicator goes on, fucking guarantee some salary suburb 2.4 wanker will enhance his life by speeding up to fuck me off.

No idea how small these people's penises are but they need to get some hobbies or something.
jacko198

23rd Apr 15 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Like this you mean?

https://www.facebook.com/143233165824638/videos/502164826598135/

Yep. Wouldn't try it on anything that long though! Without being too stereotypical it's usually people in BMW, Mercedes, audis who try it down here. If you know it's a busy junction and it's going to back up why try pushing in?!
Ben G

24th Apr 15 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It maybe in the Highway Code but I'm going to stick up for the Renault. There is clearly a que to get through one lane so why should he jump the que. I'm sure everyone would get through quicker if it was just one single lane rather that 2 lanes merging at the last minute.

I'd prefer it if the close the lane further up so that the single que moves through better and there is none of the que jumping

You need to retake your driving test. You're the teason this kind of shit happens. Cunts who follow the guy in front instead of reading the signage.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Apr 15 at 00:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

And everyone will again fag out of driving to the end to be let in?

Its a completely different ethos.

If you think you're not going to let people in, its probably because you're not going to let people in yourself.

Once you get over your own ego and actually realise you're in a car to get where you're going, it becomes easier to both not treat it like a race which is upsetting if you lose and also to ensure that other people get where they're going as well.

Move the closure indeed. Like that'll fix it? That's just the same problem further up. You'll always have people who, because of their own aggression to other road users, assume that no one else will let them either. Get in early, choose your lane early etc. etc. No.

If you date someone and they don't trust you, how often does it transpire that they were getting cock on the side and it wasn't your fault at all.

If you're in traffic and you fear that you don't trust the queue, is it because you're the slag and you're not going to let anyone in yourself?

I let people in, and I expect to be let in. And I don't fucking queue up while there's a lane open.

Seriously, try it. Use the open lanes and invite everyone else to do the same. You'll have more time to merge, probably won't stop, probably won't get upset, probably won't have anything to video to put on the internet.

Oh and these Audi/Merc/BMW drivers you speak of who use the open lane, are they the wealthy ones who went to school and can cope with reading a HC.

If you got a D in English and drive an econobox then who is the worse dickhead. So many victims.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Apr 15 at 06:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf is a que
Nic Barnes

24th Apr 15 at 06:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't let anyone in.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Renault blocks undertaking driver in a Mercedes 23 database queries in 0.0194800 seconds