corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rear drums

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear drums
Corsaman303
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st May 15 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am currently looking in to rebuilding the beam on me corsa b. I now you can swap over the discs from a corsa c but is it a straight swap with drum as well to make use of the better bearings?
Generation

21st May 15 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No point doing it. Just stick with druns
Corsaman303
Premium Member

21st May 15 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yh that's what I wanna do but the once on the c look a better design
Col004

22nd May 15 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generation’s right. Stick with drums mate.
Unless you're fitting a bias adjustment for track use and using it hard on track were temps are high enough so that the drums are actually doing nothing, then it’s actually worse than it is good as the rears will tend to lock up on braking with a standard braking setup.
And even worse if you have a brake proportioning valve fitted as standard and the car is lowered.

[Edited on 22-05-2015 by Col004]
Corsaman303
Premium Member

22nd May 15 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I don't won't discs!! I just wanna know if the drum and hubs off the c fit straight on to the b
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

22nd May 15 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No point at all, just stick with the OE drums

I make brakes for a living and I have so many people who want disc rears and ingnore my advise. They use the rear brake set up for a couple of track days, get fed up with keep locking the rear and going into the corner backwards. Then put the drums back on wasting all the money they just spent.

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
jay26

22nd May 15 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You guys need to read what the lad is actually asking.....

Best answer I can give is use a drum rear axel from a Corsa c it's not a straight swap drums job to do

[Edited on 22-05-2015 by jay26]
Col004

22nd May 15 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're right... I was half asleep this morning

In answer to your question after reading it properly. I don't know for sure but something is telling me you can.

[Edited on 22-05-2015 by Col004]
Corsaman303
Premium Member

22nd May 15 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers. Having a bad experience with everythink being held on by just a split pin I wanna change to the better hubs on the c

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rear drums 23 database queries in 0.0145509 seconds