corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car warranty?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car warranty?
Stuart H

User status: Offline
20th Jul 15 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought an 13 plate Astra Sri on March 13th. Needs a new rear wheel bearing , Vauxhall won't take nothing to do with it as it's wear and tear, which is fair enough. I always thought that a garage selling a car had to give 6 months as standard with any car sold?

Phoned up today and spoke to the salesman who sold me the car and he said that they only give a 60 day warranty and that the best he could do was to get a discount at a Vauxhall garage which is owned by Arnold Clark.

Where do I stand? Read a few things on the net saying 6 months especially on a 9k car , not exactly like I've bought a 1k car that I'm wanting fixed.
http://www.lawgistics.co.uk/legal-article-warranty/motor-trade-warranty-guarantee-service-contract/warranties-the-legal-requirements-when-selling-second-hand-cars
Jambo

20th Jul 15 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the mileage of the vehicle?
Stuart H

20th Jul 15 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andrew

20th Jul 15 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems a bit cuntish that.

We just had a head gasket done free of charge from Peugeot after over 2 and a half years under warranty. I was expecting them to tell us to get bent. Car had only done 10k in that time and a total of 30k.
MikeF86

20th Jul 15 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bullshit that is buddy. No mileage restriction on wheel bearing under VX warranty (I speak as an after sales. Anger at a VX dealer). Try another VX dealer? Or phone VX customer care and tell them how disappointed you are....
Stuart H

29th Jul 15 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fought with Vauxhall and they ended up putting a bearing on it under warranty.

Car now needs a clutch by the looks of it. Only had it 4 months bought from Arnold Clark. What chance do I have?!
Gaz

30th Jul 15 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arnold Clark are cunts, I've heard far to many horror stories about them but if you pester them for long enough and with some researched facts, they will back down.
Joe

30th Jul 15 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's wrong with the clutch?
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jul 15 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arnold shark
Stuart H

30th Jul 15 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
Arnold Clark are cunts, I've heard far to many horror stories about them but if you pester them for long enough and with some researched facts, they will back down.

Care to help me with this? What should I say to them?
Stuart H

30th Jul 15 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
What's wrong with the clutch?

Starting to slip in 4th.
Joe

30th Jul 15 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you bought a car with a nackered clutch or have burnt it out then...
Stuart H

30th Jul 15 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car was fine when I bought it. I've only done 5k in the car. Had a corsa before that that I done 38k in with not one problem.
Stuart H

1st Aug 15 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange , seem to have an intermittent clutch slip?! Was happening for the last week or so and now it's completely gone?! Was 100% slipping as I've drove a few whilst working in the garage I used to work in so not exaggerating what's happening. What would cause that? Oil leak into the box? Hasn't happened since a few days ago.
Baskey

1st Aug 15 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had exactly the same before, clutch was slipping so much I had I pull over on the hard shoulder as I had no drive. I was thrashing the car previously and it just over heated.

I let it cool down and it was fine. No matter what I did I couldnt re create the clutch slip, Including a track day where me and my dad alternated driving for 2 hours without letting it cool down. Strange but I'm not complaining

[Edited on 01-08-2015 by Baskey]
Dee25790

1st Aug 15 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart H
Strange , seem to have an intermittent clutch slip?! Was happening for the last week or so and now it's completely gone?! Was 100% slipping as I've drove a few whilst working in the garage I used to work in so not exaggerating what's happening. What would cause that? Oil leak into the box? Hasn't happened since a few days ago.

Could be the clutch had worn and the adjuster didn't tighten up, but has now..
Stuart H

13th Sep 15 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update on this , got the clutch and flywheel replaced by Arnold Clark at their cost , picked it up and the car had no power at all , took it back in they said it was a hose left off , fair enough drove it home.

On the way home noticed the steering wheel has to sit 45 degrees to the right to go straight and the gear change is extremely notchy and stiff , bunch of cowboys.

Spoke to the guy that done it and apparently it wasn't meant to get a flywheel but by the time they told him
He had it bolted to the car so win win for me really.

It's going back in Monday anyway. Anyone any ideas about the notchy gear change? I know that the subframe came off so unless it went back on in the exact same place the steering will be out so will need tracked?

[Edited on 13-09-2015 by Stuart H]
--ToM--

13th Sep 15 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gear linkage won't be set up right and it'll need tracking probably

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car warranty? 22 database queries in 0.0179949 seconds