corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Stopped for no insurance

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stopped for no insurance
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
21st Jul 15 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got pulled over for having no insurance. Apnr flagged it up. I have insurance, I showed them the only proof I've got which was an email from Sunday morning when I re insured it. It's not on the database of insurance, my company says it is however. Is this a common thing? Will it show up eventually? Hopefully won't have to go to court over it.
Nic Barnes

21st Jul 15 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think this is a problem with everything being electronic actually, as it doesn't seem to communicate properly with the required sources.
LukesCorsaSXi

21st Jul 15 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the same problem mate. Askmid still shows my car as uninsured, got a letter through from them and everything. Never been stopped though. Rang my insurance the other day and they said it looked fine on their end
johnny86
Premium Member

21st Jul 15 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lies.... you are driving about with no insurance..
Stuart H

21st Jul 15 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be worse. I've been driving around since March with no tax. Taxed the original registration then sent away the paperwork to put my plate on, because it's all automatic now it's supposed to change over when the plate goes on. Didn't with me lol.

Didn't even know until I got a £85 fine threw the door. Sent a letter away explaining what happened and it still took them 2 weeks to sort it out and get it taxed. This electronic stuff has its down falls it seems.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

21st Jul 15 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't they phone them at the roadside and either prove it or impound...

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
johnny86
Premium Member

21st Jul 15 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been impounded.
Nic Barnes

21st Jul 15 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Don't they phone them at the roadside and either prove it or impound...
didnt impound it no it's sat outside.
--ToM--

21st Jul 15 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They didn't want the old shitter in there compound so gave him the benefit of doubt imo.
johnny86
Premium Member

21st Jul 15 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of corse.
Dee25790

21st Jul 15 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Just got pulled over for having no insurance. Apnr flagged it up. I have insurance, I showed them the only proof I've got which was an email from Sunday morning when I re insured it. It's not on the database of insurance, my company says it is however. Is this a common thing? Will it show up eventually? Hopefully won't have to go to court over it.

I had a motorcycle seized from me at almost 12 at night when I was 17 and left to trek home in the middle of November, I wasn't impressed.

Rang the insurance company they told me they had 7 days to put it on MID, rang police they said it was the insurers fault not theirs.

Argued the toss for a while then gave up. Almost 300 quid out of pocket.

Wherever I insure anything now I request an email of the policy print the policy off and pop it in the glovebox to be safe
Nic Barnes

21st Jul 15 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I have a printout in the van and also had all the confirmation emails on my phone etc so they noted the policy number down and said they may be in touch and to be on my way. They didn't seem too fussy about it as I had all the correct info but I'm just a bit concerned when they said they may be in touch. As far as I'm concerned I paid my insurance on Sunday morning, and that's that. Perhaps not.
johnny86
Premium Member

21st Jul 15 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can't afford the insurance on the skip how can you afford it on an m5?
--ToM--

21st Jul 15 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance payment on Sunday misnt have gone through, funds unavailable. Barnes is skint.
Dee25790

21st Jul 15 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Yeah I have a printout in the van and also had all the confirmation emails on my phone etc so they noted the policy number down and said they may be in touch and to be on my way. They didn't seem too fussy about it as I had all the correct info but I'm just a bit concerned when they said they may be in touch. As far as I'm concerned I paid my insurance on Sunday morning, and that's that. Perhaps not.

Ring your insurers and check that the policy is active.

Could have been a problem that made the payment come out slow..?

At any rate if you do everything to look innocent (which you are if your under the impression your insured) it all bodes well for you if it ends up in court
Nic Barnes

21st Jul 15 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rang them when I got in and it's all insured correctly as far they can see with no problems. Hopefully it's just a glitch on the insurance database the police use and all is well.
Jambo

21st Jul 15 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I nearly got taken to court and my Calibra crushed because my insurance never showed up on the database even though I had it.

Took six months to sort.

Got a framed letter of apology from the local super though
Ben G

21st Jul 15 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When we got the ST, it wasn't on the MID for over a week, meaning when we tried to get insurance quotes with the registration, some insurance companies were beung dicks saying ''sorry that car doesn't exist, can't insure you.''

eventually Privilege were decent enough to realise it was new and added it manually.

This is what happens when you employ retards in call centres that can't think outside the box.
Ben G

21st Jul 15 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw what did the police do in the end? Give you 7 days to prove it?

Down here, no insurance means they call your insurance company at the roadside. If late at night, they may give benefit of the doubt, probably depending whether you look like a pikey or not and give you aproducer type thing.
Nic Barnes

21st Jul 15 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They took all my details and could see as far as I was aware my insurance was legit. The insurance database they ring were supposed to ring them back but hadn't. They waited 15 minutes then told me to go as they were satisfied but still may be in touch. No producer as I had all my documents that I would have produced with me anyway.

Just worried how long this may flag up on apnr, as it is correctly insured.
Nic Barnes

21st Jul 15 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They didn't call my insurance company. I did when I got in. They stopped me 100 yards from home.
Dee25790

21st Jul 15 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I got pulled I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of my insurance company and only had thei claims line number with me. I was an utter tit at 17 tbh all I was interested in was gettin legal and going out for a blast, not much has changed.

It was a riot van that ragged me one of the coppers wanted to let me on my way then stepped out the van n spoke to the other one n said look we can tell your decent but have got to take it anyway because for all we know your lying.

The same copper that decided they 'had' to take the bike also tried to tell me I couldn't walk home carrying my Oxford lock as it was a weapon... Gave the jobs worth a mouthful n stormed off

[Edited on 21-07-2015 by Dee25790]
--ToM--

21st Jul 15 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck the matrix
Dave

21st Jul 15 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Askmid says its insured.
Dee25790

21st Jul 15 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Fuck the matrix

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Stopped for no insurance 23 database queries in 0.0163920 seconds