corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Painting plastic grey bumper

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Painting plastic grey bumper
macauleydodson

User status: Offline
10th Aug 15 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a red corsa B 1.0 and it has the original grey ugly front and rear bumper.
I'm looking to paint the bumpers, what would the best way to do it effectively?
Also in your opinion would it look better painted the same colour as the car or a black either gloss or matte.
Would appreciate some help
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Aug 15 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would buy a second hand painted bumper, unless you feel like spending an entire day sanding out the textured surface.

But if you do ....

lots of sanding and high build plastic primer until you get a nice smooth finish prior to a couple of coats of colour and laquer to finish. allow 15 mins between each coat and 24 hours and a light sand with a high grit between each type of paint.

I prefer colour coded bumpers , but it depends on the look you are going for. A matt black finish would remove the need to smooth the texture out ...

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Painting plastic grey bumper 23 database queries in 0.3993480 seconds