corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Racing helmets

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Racing helmets
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Sep 15 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking at getting a helmet for when I use my car on track. I'm clueless though. Don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money any advice / links would be brilliant
Thanks in advance
Breathecosse

12th Sep 15 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you looking at open or closed face?
bigron1988

12th Sep 15 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to demon tweeks and try some on , don't need to buy from there but you will get a feel of what is comfy and what is not, I've got a cheap open face and it's quite crap, I've tried on my next one I'm buying there that's a closed face one and visibility is better that the open face one and that's the sort of stuff you can tell over Internet, or if your not in a rush wait till January and go autosport show at nec loads of bargains there
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

12th Sep 15 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a cheapo motorbike one if your not competing
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Sep 15 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a simpson super bandit (same one as black stig wore) and its brill, very light, fits brilliantly, price tag of £350 - £400 tho.
Breathecosse

13th Sep 15 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have that already that will do for none competitive track days.
Tiger

13th Sep 15 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the best you can afford, not because you're reckless but because you don't know what might happen. Cheapo helmets are like cheap tyres: might be EU approved but are a waste of money.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Sep 15 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a track day with a tin top cheapest is fine.
Andrew

13th Sep 15 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a brand new small OMP one you can have if any good to you. Won't fit my head.

Would been to be picked up from Warrington.
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Sep 15 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the ~£50 OMP open face one that EVERYBODY gets first from demon tweeks

I probably should have got one size bigger, as it proper hurts when I wear it with sunglasses but is bearable otherwise.

Going to look at a full face one soon with a bit more budget, because I want to start blagging rides in open top cars!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

13th Sep 15 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the OMP Circuit from Demon Tweeks - full face (unsure on circuit rules for my S2000), but also bought a smoked visor as a replacement which was fairly cheap. Only reason I bought from Tweeks was it came with a free and bloody decent helmet bag.

Found the smoked visor useful too - used it recently for karting.
AK

14th Sep 15 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hedtec do fairly cheap helmets that are up to MSA standards

V2 also
antnee

14th Sep 15 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one of the open face OMPs, great for normal cars but I wish I had a full face for going in open top cars.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Racing helmets 23 database queries in 0.0104630 seconds