corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turbo timers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Turbo timers
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Oct 15 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know nothing about them but I want one any suggestions / experience ? Thanks
big eck

1st Oct 15 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a gimmick tbh. Just don't razz the ass off the car the last mile or so and let the turbo cool down naturally. Some cars like my old Leon had a pump that turned on automatically when you switched the car off to help the cooling.
Brett
Premium Member

1st Oct 15 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're not just for cooling down tho. You can use them to warm car up also in winter, etc. Set timer to 5-10min, take out keys, lock car, leave running. If anyone was to break in, when the handbrake is disengaged it'd cut engine

Got one on my Impreza, more for show than anything.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 06:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both of the above really, I just drive normally for the last mile or so where ever I'm going.
But as Brett says, my mates got one on his evo. Says it's a godsend in the winter when it's freezing haha.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 07:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a show thing really, for chavs like Bret in his Fila trainers
DaveyLC

2nd Oct 15 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A gimmick left over from the 90s.

They are totally pointless as most cars have auxiliary coolant pumps now anyway plus you'll need to remove the chip from your key and have it permanently attached to the transponder rendering your cars immobiliser useless.
Marc

2nd Oct 15 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Bit of a show thing really, for chavs like Bret in his Fila trainers

And a Kappa tracksuit?
P1CK4D

2nd Oct 15 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Bit of a gimmick tbh. Just don't razz the ass off the car the last mile or so and let the turbo cool down naturally. Some cars like my old Leon had a pump that turned on automatically when you switched the car off to help the cooling.

That. Pretty pointless really
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
plus you'll need to remove the chip from your key and have it permanently attached to the transponder rendering your cars immobiliser useless.

Fitted mine myself and didn't do this?
DaveyLC

2nd Oct 15 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
plus you'll need to remove the chip from your key and have it permanently attached to the transponder rendering your cars immobiliser useless.

Fitted mine myself and didn't do this.

I suppose it depends on how old your cars is and show fussy the immobiliser is.
3CorsaMeal

2nd Oct 15 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For show, wtf, how do you "show" a turbo timer?
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:

Fitted mine myself and didn't do this.

I suppose it depends on how old your cars is and show fussy the immobiliser is.

lol
DaveyLC

2nd Oct 15 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
For show, wtf, how do you "show" a turbo timer?

To show SHOW fucking irritating you are that you feel the need to leave your loud piece of shit running while you go into the shop/house or where ever.
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't be arsed explaining to everybody every day that I hadn't left my car running by accident.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't think of anything worse than an Impreza or similar gobbling away like a demented turkey because of a turbo timer.

Imagine living near it.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
DaveyLC

2nd Oct 15 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
I couldn't think of anything worse than an Impreza or similar gobbling away like a demented turkey because of a turbo timer.

Imagine living near it.

I'm pretty sure there are laws in place that would permit you to smash the car up with a sledge hammer, could anyone confirm?
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gobbling away like a demented turkey ok
AndyCorsaSport

2nd Oct 15 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a guy in the next street to me with a 2012 Focus RS with quite possibly the loudest exhaust ever! He usually starts it up really early and has it running, see it s few times when I walk the dog, I can't hear it in my house. Only when he sets off as the only way out is up the hill and he has to put his foot down. I imagine the people next to him hate him
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It only sounds like a turkey when you let off the gas on full boost! Silly.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
--ToM--

2nd Oct 15 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't the name for the stupidly loud focus exhaust section 18 or something? A lad who comes my garage has one its brutally loud, tbf my vxr is mega loud on cold start but really quiet at normal idle.
BarnshaW

2nd Oct 15 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

complete waste of money, as said in first post just dont rag it for the last couple of miles before returning on a journey.

Leaving a cat sat idling from cold isnt the best way to warm it up anyhow so again pointless.

plus I am pretty sure I read they invalidate insurance as they leave the engine/bypass immobilser with no key present.
BarnshaW

2nd Oct 15 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
complete waste of money, as said in first post just dont rag it for the last couple of miles before returning on a journey.

Leaving a car sat idling from cold isnt the best way to warm it up anyhow so again pointless.

plus I am pretty sure I read they invalidate insurance as they leave the engine/bypass immobilser with no key present.
BarnshaW

2nd Oct 15 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quoting myself., having a mare, laters
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

3rd Oct 15 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They are totally pointless as most cars have auxiliary coolant pumps now anyway

No they don't
And arnt turbo timers mostly to do with the oil pumping round the turbo as it cools?

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Isn't the name for the stupidly loud focus exhaust section 18 or something? A lad who comes my garage has one its brutally loud, tbf my vxr is mega loud on cold start but really quiet at normal idle.

KMS do a section 18 which has no box's and no cats with a true 3.5inch turbo back
They also do a thunderstorm which is the one with a box just before each exhaust tip
Stupidly loud. Stupidly expensive. Scene as fuck for the rs boys. Everyone has them.

--ToM--

3rd Oct 15 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a section 59 one aswell what ever the set up on that one is I don't know, the lad who comes the garage has had about 3 systems on his now the section 18 is the most current one does sound awesome on full chat like.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turbo timers 23 database queries in 0.0155599 seconds