corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Power steering pump replacement

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Power steering pump replacement
richardworrall
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Nov 15 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bit of advice needed chaps.
Not Corsa related but assuming all pumps are pretty much the same.
Need to replace the steering pump on the Mrs's Matiz as its making a right whining noise on acceleration so can only think bearings are gone. Took belt off so no drive to it and engines so quiet so i know its the pump.

Are the pipes and pump pressurised? So if i was to undo the pipes etc am i going to get covered in fluid or will just a small amount empty out? A assume if i was to clamp the pipes that would help.
Tried the forums but cant find that particular question answered.
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Nov 15 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might be wrong but I don't think they are under pressure when the engine is off?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
21st Nov 15 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not under pressure when they're not running.

If you can get to the supply and return pipes and whatever is holding on the pump itself then you'll be OK.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Power steering pump replacement 22 database queries in 0.0071599 seconds