corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance - mini rant

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance - mini rant
R Lee

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 15 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldn't be CS without rants about insurance.

My Mrs, previously lived in London for 8 years. She didn't need a car to get about in central.
I gave her one of my cars.
Ran insurance quotes for each of us.

She has 0 NCB.
She hasn't been driving for nearly 10 years.
She is a little nervous, as expected, to be behind the steering wheel again.

Her insurance... Costs the same as mine. My experience, NCB clearly counts for shit
Why? Why? Why?
Sexism, feminism, vegetarianism, fat shaming, discrimination

[Edited on 03-12-2015 by R Lee]
Jambo

3rd Dec 15 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a positive thing though right? Wouldn't you be more annoyed if they charged you more?
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Dec 15 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always wondered how insurance can get away with charging less for females, I thought this was stopped now anyway?

Im sure there are stats that go against various ethnic minorities too, but they arent factored in, for obvious reasons, same should apply here
Nic Barnes

3rd Dec 15 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did a quote on my girlfriends car, we are both the same age, clean licenses for over 10 years and no claims. Mine works out a good bit cheaper. Weird tbh.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
4th Dec 15 at 02:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought gender differentiation was made illegal a while back?
Ste
Premium Member

4th Dec 15 at 05:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe your address is more of the deciding factor than the other things.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
--ToM--

4th Dec 15 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E sure we're telling about some thing they do where they match no claims, so if you have been driving 10 years and have 10 years NCB and your misses has had a liscence for ten years but not driven a car and has 0 NCB, as long as they have held a liscence for the amount of time you have NCB they'll shadow your NCB to them aswell so you would both get 10 years NCB despite her actually having none, on this joint policy..... Apparently. They were telling me about it last week.
gavin18787
Premium Member

4th Dec 15 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I thought gender differentiation was made illegal a while back?

If its an online quote it would be interesting to change the gender and see if it is different....

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Generation

4th Dec 15 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why didn't just ask them outright?
R Lee

4th Dec 15 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
Maybe your address is more of the deciding factor than the other things.

She lives with me.

The only major thing I see different, is occupation.
She works as a nurse, NHS. I run my own business. But still, in the eyes of insurance company, we're equals in our driving liability. what a kick in the teeth
Ste
Premium Member

7th Dec 15 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I mean, your address has the pricing factor on the policies.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
7th Dec 15 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not if they both live in the same house.

Occupation is a piss take, lecturer was safe and cheap and every single other thing I've been since I left that job is more money.

I used to rush about in rush hour and now I pootle down empty roads at whatever time I please, and I'm paying more. Just commuted home half an hour ago, only pressed to brakes to stop at traffic lights, otherwise I'd be on cruise the whole way. Try doing that at 8am.

Significantly less risk to at least one of my cars because that only goes out now to chauffeur girls around at weekends. Guess what, that's more expensive as well.

Daft.

[Edited on 07-12-2015 by Ian]
MatthewR

8th Dec 15 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just moved house to a nicer area, i have a drive and garage now, was parked on street a good bit away from house previously - i got charged £30 to change address and no saving on my policy!!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance - mini rant 23 database queries in 0.0358338 seconds