corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Slander at work... Options?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Slander at work... Options?
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 15 at 01:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if someone is guilty of slandering your name, do you have any rights to find out who it is?

apparently under data protection HR do not have to release the information, I have had a look online but couldn't find anything which leads me to believe it is the case, most of it is about social media.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Dec 15 at 02:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've got the right to see data which relates to you, in the case of a grievance in work you wouldn't have any real reason for forcing the employer to give up the names of anyone making the statements and they can redact the names from the stuff they need to give you. Most of the time this equates to disclosure as with a bit of knowledge of who works where and with whom you can normally work it out.
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Dec 15 at 04:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its impossible to work it out, there are hundreds of people who work there and i actually think thats she just made it up to get a reaction from me.
taylorboosh

23rd Dec 15 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt worry tbh
Ellis

23rd Dec 15 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can make a freedom of information request to your employer for your personal file. I believe they have up to 45 days to provide you with this information. They may ask for a nominal fee; usually around £10-20 to cover administration costs. As Ian says, anything incriminating towards another employee will be blanked out. In my experience, personal files lack any useful information - the slander you speak of is unlikely to be documented. That is unless a formal grievance has been raised against you, if that had been the case I'm sure you'd already know about. You're better trying to find out what is going on through the unofficial channels.
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Dec 15 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers fellas.
3CorsaMeal

23rd Dec 15 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just stop doing really smelly turds at the office imo
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Dec 15 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think it was the turds.. I think it was the man wee dripping down the cubicle walls that did it.
Kev_GSI

23rd Dec 15 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
I dont think it was the turds.. I think it was the man wee dripping down the cubicle walls that did it.

Your company should install a glory hole
Bart

23rd Dec 15 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kev_GSI
quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk

Your company should install a glory hole

It's the glory hole in his office wall that's causing the problem.... Straight into the next office which is HR!
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Dec 15 at 06:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Data Protection not FOI, the fee is capped at £10 and they have 40 days to reply.

They're not legally allowed to give you other people's personal data hence why anything which can identify other people will be redacted.

Might be worth a try even if you don't think you'll be able to identify, it would need to include the statements of events or incidents so that would narrow it down, not all 100 people are in the same room at the same time for example.
DaveyLC

26th Dec 15 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
I wouldnt worry tbh

This, man up.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Slander at work... Options? 22 database queries in 0.0109339 seconds