corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MK4 GSi starting problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MK4 GSi starting problem
WATSON

User status: Offline
27th Feb 16 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guy's, Recently picked up a mk4 GSi turn's out it was sold with intermittent starting issue Wasn't told this at time of sale!!!

I've had it on a snap-on reader and got the following codes,

B3040 Communication malfunction on W-line
B3059 No engine request received

I have no engine management light or immobilizer light on dash but a very loud whine from ABS pump when turning the ignition, I have noticed if the whine stop's from the ABS pump the car will start.. Whine from pump rarely stop's though!

I've checked/swapped the main reply fuse and fuel pump fuse and they both click also so I know these are working.

Anyone any idea's? Could I have a pumped ECU?
Thank's.
ShEp

27th Feb 16 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PAS pump is fed directly off the alternator, has it had an alternator fitted to it before? may be a wiring fault, powering the pump sometimes and nothing else,

I doubt the ecu is buggered, be a case of checking in about all the connections.
WATSON

27th Feb 16 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have no idea mate, has been nothing but hassle since buying it!

ShEp

27th Feb 16 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was pretty much how I summed up mk4 Gsi ownership

VXR isn't much better
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Feb 16 at 00:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Complete guesswork here but if the ABS controller has gone tits and is clogging up the CAN bus such that the ECU can't use it to start the engine you may want to isolate that.

No doubt someone will be along to make me look like a guesswork nobhead but that's my first thoughts.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MK4 GSi starting problem 22 database queries in 0.0109150 seconds