corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving Coma Syndrome

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driving Coma Syndrome
Shelly
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th May 03 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone ever had this.... aparently 85% of us get it.

I have

Some mornings I don't know how i've even got to work!
Mav 3000

15th May 03 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, driven past villages etc and then looked around and think "jesus where am I!" It takes a while for me to catch up with myself!

Quite worrying - used to happen on motorway driving to work too - only just notice I'm about to pass my junction!
CorsAsh

15th May 03 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had it too. Usually on long motorway trips, when I've a lot on my mind I guess...
Adam_lee

15th May 03 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, i know exactly what your talking about. Done it many times. I usualy get to my destination and remember bugger all about the journey. Worst one ive done is fall asleep at the wheel. Rumble curb woke me up though. What an amazing invention! it saved my skin, Just!
Kerry

15th May 03 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i set off to go somewhere then im like on autoroute and end up somewhere else
viera

15th May 03 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose i tend to get it more when i am driving on a route i take most days, so i drive it by habbit rather than concentrating on where i am, if you get me.

May be worrying, but just because your not concentrating on where you are driving, doesn't mean you are not concentrating what you are doing at all (imo).
Mav 3000

15th May 03 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats true ^

Only on journeys ive done times before too. If I'm going somewhere new I tend to drift into 'autopilot' and go to the wrong place too! Well annoying!
CorsAsh

15th May 03 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by viera
I suppose i tend to get it more when i am driving on a route i take most days, so i drive it by habbit rather than concentrating on where i am, if you get me.

May be worrying, but just because your not concentrating on where you are driving, doesn't mean you are not concentrating what you are doing at all (imo).

the route doesnt change, but that doesnt mean a normally empty junction isnt gonna have a massive HGV goin across it as you get there one day. kinda scary that you could be wiped out that easily and never know what hit you
stuyw

15th May 03 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shell, normally i get that after a night out on the town
Mikeboy

15th May 03 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My word yeh !

Not happened to me personally, but working last summer doing the deliveries for Bensons beds. I told the driver what junction we needed, and then went to sleep in the bunk for about 2 hours. The driver must have been just as 'asleep' as I was, cos when I woke up and wondered why we were still driving, it turned out he'd gone and driven about 1/2 way further round the M25 as we had to

He said he hadnt noticed the junctions, and said he was still waiting for the right junction to come up !!
Adam

16th May 03 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did on my bike one, went down a really long hill, got to the bottom and couldn't rember a thing
Kerry

16th May 03 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam
I did on my bike one, went down a really long hill, got to the bottom and couldn't rember a thing

Stoneyginger
Premium Member

16th May 03 at 00:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i was driving i would go to work on a Sunday morning at 9am and at about 12 lunch time i would wonder how i got there, taht would be the down to the drinking the night before
Tommy

16th May 03 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have it all the time, i used to goto college, which was bout a half hours drive turn off the engine then fall asleep striaght away.
ajscorsa

16th May 03 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to say im going to the burds and then realise i just parked out side my work its quite worrying sometimes
Gavin
Premium Member

16th May 03 at 07:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep...get that alot, espically on the mornings when your half asleep, you just go into auto mode!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Shelly
Premium Member

16th May 03 at 07:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuyw
shell, normally i get that after a night out on the town

stuyw - you shouldnt't be driving after a night out on the town... tut tut!
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jul 06 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, had this the other night, was coming back home got to a junction that id normally know very very well, and i was like where the fuck am i, which way am i meant to go, shit me up, brain caught up after a short amount of time though, had to sit at the junction thinking for a minute or two tho
CorsAsh

2nd Jul 06 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like you've just had a bout of Forum Replying Coma Syndrome too... for about three years
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jul 06 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ya
BYRON

2nd Jul 06 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happens to me alot. weird
Fonz
Premium Member

2nd Jul 06 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had it a couple of times, like the posts say on motorways but traveling from Worthing (Brighton) to parents place Didcot (Oxford) so many times i start up teh M23, onto the M25 and passign Reading wonder how i got on the M4!!
also have a problem with work and cadets being down the same road, cadet hut is the 3rd right, work the forth!

its quite worrying 85% of us do it!
Rob_Lee
Banned

2nd Jul 06 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i lived in essex and my current g/f lived in Folkestone i left hers early one morning... i dont remember going through the tolls or under the tunnel.

Just opened up my garage and thought WTF!!!???

Thats almost an hour drive lost! SCARY!

Aliens?
Nath

2nd Jul 06 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ, am I the only one who doesn't suffer from this??
Jake

2nd Jul 06 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never suffered from it before

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving Coma Syndrome 23 database queries in 0.0159459 seconds