corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Crash panel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Crash panel
S21NMP

User status: Offline
16th May 03 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick question...

I am going to be covering my crash panel with carbon fibre film tomorrow and need to know how to remove the panel?

Does anyone know or have any tips on using the film?
Pete G

16th May 03 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just heated the film with a hairdryer as i applyed it pushin all the air bubbles to the edge just keep it warm and it'll be easy to work with.

to remore the crash panel
under the glove box there are two screws, inside there are three (unless u have a airbag then there is only two) undo these and the glove box will just slide out. now u have to push the left hand vent down (the one next to the door) put a screwdriver in the top and prise the vent down till it openeds about finger wide do'nt force it any more cos it will/might break now you should be able to see two screws undo these and the dashvent will just come off, where you've just took the dashvent out theres a screw on the end off the crash panel and underneth the crashpanel where the glovebox was there are two more screws now the panel can be lifted out.

hope that helps you out

ps if you ave a passenger airbag i would'nt do any thing to it cos the airbag may not work after you've put the film on it

[Edited on 16-05-2003 by ccrraazzziieee one]
S21NMP

16th May 03 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate - i'll give it a go tomorrow!
Pete G

16th May 03 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck mate

New Poll