corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Stubbsys little problem - help and photoshops welcome

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stubbsys little problem - help and photoshops welcome
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th May 03 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically since dunc had his car done, his engine is coming dangerously close to overheating because he had the grille extended up to meet the bonnet ( see pic below) and so the cars not egtting enough cold air fed in. Hes in need of ideas to sort the problem,

they must be subtle and look right with the smooth lines of the rest of the kit. ne photoshops would be appreciated b4 he blows the damn thing up

DanielJ

19th May 03 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sum louvres?
Phil Hall

19th May 03 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 x Scooby bonnet vents.

OR on a more serious note Cool Louvers.
M2RTY

19th May 03 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

standard bonnet and bumper?

id say louvres, mainly cos they dontcrack like f/g does
Sam
Premium Member

19th May 03 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes bonnet louvres all the way!
Tim
Site Administrator

19th May 03 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smooth scuttle I assume? Get a standard one back in a mod it. Need to get air flow not just random holes...

Couple of astra gsi vents might help and would still look smoothish...
RichR
Premium Member

19th May 03 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can tremember if its smooth or not, dont think it is come to think of it, He has louvres on the bonnet at the mo but its not feeding enough air. Think he'd rather leave the bonnet to be honest, more intersted in the bonnet, cause now he's cracked the cross member of the grill its gotta go back into the shop to be fixed.

I was thinking along the lines of the GT tuning vent - the oval one ( havnt suggested it to him) on the induction kit side, to allow airflow. But just a suggestion keep them coming, if ne1 has ne ideas and knows how to photoshop - feel free
DanielJ

19th May 03 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got an idea
RichR
Premium Member

19th May 03 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and whats that.....he wont be on for a while yet, so Ive got to let him know what sort of ideas are flowing about
DanielJ

19th May 03 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant find a pic 2 show u but av u seen the little oval vents in the cinqy sporting bumpers? cud get 1 of them cut in
RichR
Premium Member

19th May 03 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah similar to my thoughts of the gt tuning one - but know what u mean
Phil321

19th May 03 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ecosse 206 vents? smooth but effective. vented wing?
Drew
Banned

19th May 03 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont have n o probs at all with mine - and my grill is filled - heats up if im sat for a little while, but not in normail driving

btw- i have cool louves in bonnet if that helps any, but cant see how and the air aint being forced onto the radiator
stubbsy

19th May 03 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi thanks for ya suggestions, think it could be cuz my no plate is blockin the air intake at thge bottom of the bumper as i had the number plate recess smoothed so got no where else to put plate, cheers for putting the post up rich, got any pics of these cinq vents or gt tuning vents???
Andy Stocker

19th May 03 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

D5NNA doesn't have any problems with over heating & thats extended so no air gets in
Adam-D

19th May 03 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put louves in the wing drivers side so it catches air coming in then put a couple of louves in bonnet or some suble vents
antscorsa

19th May 03 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a mini cooper s bonnte vent would look amazing on ur car and suit it a treat
antscorsa

19th May 03 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my idea in photoshop
stubbsy

22nd May 03 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a look under the bonnet to see what i can move, the bonnet sound proofing was still in so ive cut a hole around the vent in the bonnet, this may help, is not that its over heating, fan comes on loads more n was just gettin a bit concernd. thanx for all ideas though.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Stubbsys little problem - help and photoshops welcome 22 database queries in 0.0085139 seconds