corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Second hand AMP's , OK??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Second hand AMP's , OK??
AdiSRI

User status: Offline
24th May 03 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate has a Alpine MRD-M300 for sale, it has been used to power a 15" Alpine Type -R sub and as such has probably been worked quite hard.
Is it still a sound buy or am i bettter to save up and buy new??
david dickson

24th May 03 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont see why not. there are no moving components in an amp to wear out. check it works 100% before you buy it, test all the crossovers and filters etc (if it has any)
bobothebear

24th May 03 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fix Amps used for broadband and cable TV and can safely say an Amp is a fairly stable piece of electronics that isn't going to fail you unless operated incorrectly.
It isn't as such "working hard" its doing it's job which is shouldnt mind doing.
The only way it could be screwed is if the entire system was mismatched.
If your input signal is too high it won't like it.If it operates at a high temperature its likely to fail.
There are generally a set number of things that will go wrong and normally the thing it is driving has no bearing on its performance.
AdiSRI

24th May 03 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like i say its my mates amp anyhow so if it's dodgy i'll just give it him back LOL
i was thinkin of payin about £85-£100 for it, seem OK? It's 6/7 months old.
Retail price new is £249.99

[Edited on 24-05-2003 by AdiSRI]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Second hand AMP's , OK?? 22 database queries in 0.0093729 seconds