corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Painting Alloys

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Painting Alloys
barry_kellett99

User status: Offline
   27th May 03 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, when i bought my car I had Ickle alloys on it, but they are dead on, ive scrubbed them up but they have this plate that covers the wheel nuts and makes them look tidy, BUT the previous owner scored them and as they were painted poorly the pain is coming off.
So i stripped them
And painted them

But they are about a shade too dark now.

So I have two choices, A - try again and hope i can match them or B - Try again and paint the plates red (my car is red) or Black

Would this look Naff? I am thinking of taking pictures of my car and editing the plates in Fireworks to see.... I have the artistic ability of a blind baboon. All advice and any pictures of anyone who has anything similar done would be most gratefull
Kris TD

27th May 03 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont paint them red or black.

my dad is in the process of redoing my brothers wheels. its quite simple to do if there isnt many spokes. if you need a list of how to do the whole thing then send me a u2u.
barry_kellett99

27th May 03 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not the wheel, its just the plate in the middle. They arent fabulous wheels, and i cant afford any new ones or to have anyone butmyself work on them cos i just payed for a new door and work on it after it was broken into grrrrr

Il have to take some pictures and edit them to see what people think

New Poll