corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How many microfilters do i need?! (broadband)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How many microfilters do i need?! (broadband)
Munchie

User status: Offline
7th Aug 03 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have.... 1 ADT alarm, 1 house fone, and 1 internet connection....the modem i am buying includes 2 microfilters...... do i need any more? also how much are they and where from?!
wytey

7th Aug 03 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on how u wire it m8

basically u need a filter for each socket where summat is plugged in. but if that line is already filtered at the start, then u won't need one at the end, and vice versa

if when u get an incoming call n u get dropped off the internet, then the filter locations are wrong, or u dun have enuf

heres a quick run down from my house

from the main socket, filter in (filtering from start), with a multi socket for phone n fax, a hardwired extension to upstairs, which is then split into 2 rooms, with a filter at the end of each extension (filtering at the end). so 3 used in all.

hope that makes sense

if ya get any grief, check the filters, if they are cheap n nasty n use cheap components, the filtering may not be good enuf. as for where, pretty much ne pc store, high street or online should be looking around £7 ish for a decent quality one
Munchie

7th Aug 03 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beast. ill ring BT and ADT up in da morning. i dont have a clue how many i need lol. thinking bout getting an extension socket in me room for £15 tho.....supplied and fitted!
wytey

7th Aug 03 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a little trial n error is all it takes better than paying sum engineer shedloads of moolah to sort it for ya that or get a m8 thats already done his own to sort it for ya
Craig6682

7th Aug 03 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think 2 will do. I'm not sure about your alarm system though.
John_C

7th Aug 03 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on ebuyer there a £1
Kerry

7th Aug 03 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i got my modem i got 2 and i just plugged one in my phone socket then the cable into that to my modem is this right??

should i of plugged the other one somewhere?
Craig6682

7th Aug 03 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have any other phone sockets then each one should have a microfilter on - or so they say. That is what i have done and mine works fine; if yours does then just leave it.
Kerry

7th Aug 03 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it works or i wouldnt b here

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How many microfilters do i need?! (broadband) 22 database queries in 0.0110259 seconds