corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » can someone give there opinion on this covering letter for a job im applying for

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author can someone give there opinion on this covering letter for a job im applying for
Kris TD

User status: Offline
25th Aug 03 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys ::

Dear Sir

I am wishing to apply for a full time job in your health and fitness department / reception department.

After completing 2 years of my engineering degree I reconsidered my career plans and decided I would like to carry on working in the sport and leisure industry on a full time basis. Due to my experience working at sport and fitness centres at which I undertook several roles from leisure attendant, receptionist to duty manager I feel I have a lot too offer your company.

From my previous work experience I have had a lot of interaction with members of the public whether it would be assisting them, giving advice or dealing with any queries that arose. By working at the outdoor pool with a bather load capacity of 300 it has given me a lot of insight and knowledge of communication with the public and working well as part of a team, which is imperative for the safety of customers and staff.

I enclose a copy of my CV and I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Yours Faithfully

[Edited on 25-08-2003 by Kris TD]

Ally

25th Aug 03 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice
stuyw

25th Aug 03 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems ok m8, but 'too' is spelt 'to' and u should put arose and not arise
Kris TD

25th Aug 03 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corrected, need others too read it as i dont notice mistakes myself, lol cheers

Phil321

25th Aug 03 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How I would have written it..........

Dear Sir,

I am wishing to apply for a full time job in your health and fitness department / reception department.

Having completed 2 years of my engineering degree and after reconsidering my career options, I have decided that I would like to work in the sport and leisure industry on a full time basis. My prior experience working within the industry, experience which included roles as leisure attendant, receptionist and duty manager, makes me confident that I have a great deal to offer your company.

My previous positions have included a lot of interaction with members of the public whether it be assisting them, giving advice or dealing with any queries that arose. In addition, working at an outdoor pool with a bather load capacity of 300 has given me a valuable insight into, and knowledge of, communication with the public. I also work equally well either independantly or as a part of a team, something I consider to be imperative for the safety of customers and staff alike.

I enclose a copy of my CV and look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours Faithfully
Dan B

25th Aug 03 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't it "Yours faithfully" when you address it to a specific person, and "Yours sincerely" when you address it vaguely (ie. Dear Sir/Madam, or To whom it may concern, etc)?
Fraser Young

25th Aug 03 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also handwrite the covering letter an type the CV...
Gaz

25th Aug 03 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u write sir/madam its faithfully
if its dear "mr jones" is sinserly

u carnt have two "s" together (sir+sincerly ) LOL

damn aint i sad knowing that
Dan B

25th Aug 03 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can tell how long it's been since I had to write a covering letter......been in a decent job since 2001!
Gaz

25th Aug 03 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work with letters allday long i hate it want a new job
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Aug 03 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say 'I wish to apply', not am wishing.

Also is there a job title you can add to the first line?
Kris TD

25th Aug 03 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent, cheers phil, much better effort than mine

ian, they havent advertised specific jobs, just departments which require staff

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » can someone give there opinion on this covering letter for a job im applying for 22 database queries in 0.0137591 seconds