corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Running 400rms sub with 300 rms amp Prob!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Running 400rms sub with 300 rms amp Prob!
Scotty_B

User status: Offline
31st Aug 03 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am currently running my JBL power Series 400w RMS sub with the Alpine 757 300w RMS amp. I am thinking of getting a Kenwood 7021 amp which is 460w RMS. Will I notice any difference with the sound quality of the sub if I do this? If there will be a difference the I will use my Alpine amp to power my new components.
M4tt

31st Aug 03 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you will hear a diff in sound quality.

if you don't though, it's well worth the upgrade to protect the sub, more speakers blow due to being underpowered than over powered.
Kris TD

31st Aug 03 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M4tt

if you don't though, it's well worth the upgrade to protect the sub, more speakers blow due to being underpowered than over powered.

agreed, as far as i know its cos the amplifier will produce square waves whioch speakers cant reproduce as sound so they just heat up and burn the coils out.
M4tt

31st Aug 03 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sumin about the speaker clipping and overheating causing the coil to burn out
TOMAS

1st Sep 03 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will not notice any difference in quality if your existing kit is not clipping but you will be able to hear it ever so slightly louder, not that much of a jump to make, look at giving it at least 500wrms at say 13V, im feeding my 300watters about 550watts each and they love it!
Richie

3rd Sep 03 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did they tell you that TOMAS?

stop singing to them of a night and go to bed

New Poll