corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » i got flashed!!!!! But i Was Not speeding!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i got flashed!!!!! But i Was Not speeding!!!
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
   15th Sep 03 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was in a 2 lane 30mph zone, i suddenly braked as camera came up,and i cud of sworn i jus hit 30mph as i entered the lines on the floor or even 33mph...it flased twice....but im sure by the second flash i was either 30mph or below and still in the lines on the floor...their was a car on my right which im sure was going faster than me and the one in front of me looked like it was going fast too but im not certain coz it was at nite time!!!

please tell me wat u think guys
Gav16v

15th Sep 03 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that as you were speeding before the camera you deserve to get caught anyway. But it was probably the other car
MoNkEy MaGiC

15th Sep 03 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come on man, everyone drives a few mph over the limit, i was just following the flow of traffic and didnt look at my speed till i saw the camera comming up
R Lee

15th Sep 03 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should pay more attention to the road...

Makarus

15th Sep 03 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say you weren't caught it was probably a flash for someone else. Just wait and see through the post. Doubt it though.

Oh and Gav16v GTF with your preaching on good driving, everyone speeds and who ever says they dont is a lier.
MoNkEy MaGiC

16th Sep 03 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long does it take for anything to come in the post???
ive heard it can take 3 days or even weeks??

also was wondering how do these cameras work anyway?? coz it was a two lane road with one camera, so how does it tell which car was speeding???

[Edited on 16-09-2003 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
matt_jonesuk

16th Sep 03 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they use the lines on the road as measurements it takes 2 pics of ur car and they work out how fast u were going by the distance u travelled between the 2 photos. I got a site which explains it better i'll post it in a minute
matt_jonesuk

16th Sep 03 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.road-angel-uk.com/types_of_speedtrap.htm
Makarus

16th Sep 03 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have 14 days toi notify you, but in realitry it goes up to about 17 taking into accout delays in the post.
5doormodder

16th Sep 03 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fucking hate the police rakeing in millions and millions from drivers doing a few miles over the limit.

They say all the money gets spend on making the roads more safer......does it fuck....it gets spent on more speed cameras to make more £££££ to go in their back pockets.

The police are all a bunch of robbing bastards, They are more of a criminal that we are.

Where i live 3 police officers got cought speeding off duty and all 3 of them refused to pay the fine because they claimed that the speed limit signs on the road were 'not stricktly legal signs' they took it to cought and got off with thier fines and points.....thing is the local paper issued this on the front page saying everyone who got cought on that road can apply to get back thier £60 and 3 points.....the police shit themselves and the next newspaper they said "we ask everyone who got cought speeding on the road to look into thier hearts and accept that they were speeding on the time and that you paid the price for doing so"

HAHAHAHA, FUCK OFF THE THREE POLICE OFFICERS DIDNT SEEM TO 'LOOK INTO THIER HEARTS DID THEY ??'

OR IS THAT BECAUSE NONE OF THE POLICE HAVE ONE???
matt_jonesuk

16th Sep 03 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

listen to this then lol

Last night i was driving down a road in town in worcester its a 3 laned road 30mph anyway there were police at the end taking speeds and stuff so i put my hazards on for people behind me. They pulled me over "you know it illegal to warn people of police presence"

I just said that they were a hazard and i was warning the other drivers of the hazard lol

i got a caution for it lol
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

16th Sep 03 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you learned your lesson!
Flash ur brake lights next time instead!
Gaz

16th Sep 03 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont forget though they would have know u was slowing down due to ur brake lights most probally being on
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

16th Sep 03 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not if you just flash ur brake lights with your left foot!
If they pull you over just say you slowed down more as you thought it must of been a high accident rate area with the police prescence and felt you should go slower just to be extra safe!
What they gonna say?
That it isnt a dangerous area and take you to court?
Dont think so, it'd get all over the papers and would end up starting another fuel style protest.
matt_jonesuk

16th Sep 03 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no lessons to be learnt fact is a police officer with a speed gun i see as a hazard my dad was travelling behind someone and there was a copper with a speed gun and the guy in front wasnt speeding but he paniced and slammed on his brakes and my dad went into the back of him. You could argue that my dad was travelling to close but if the copper wasnt there the accident would not have happened

lol left foot braking pretty funny first time u try it
ainsley_brader

16th Sep 03 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by matt_jonesuk
no lessons to be learnt fact is a police officer with a speed gun i see as a hazard my dad was travelling behind someone and there was a copper with a speed gun and the guy in front wasnt speeding but he paniced and slammed on his brakes and my dad went into the back of him. You could argue that my dad was travelling to close

clearly he was!

but if the copper wasnt there the accident would not have happened

and if the copper had been a child that had ran into the road?!

ainsley_brader

16th Sep 03 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
listen to this then lol

Last night i was driving down a road in town in worcester its a 3 laned road 30mph anyway there were police at the end taking speeds and stuff so i put my hazards on for people behind me. They pulled me over "you know it illegal to warn people of police presence"

They should have just booked you for driving with your hazards on!
uprated

16th Sep 03 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i speed on my bleeding driving lessons, you just dont realise sometimes, but i speed in my car all the time, it just doesnt matter when you are on a private road on private property
MoNkEy MaGiC

16th Sep 03 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i noticed the other day a police officer using a speed gun of sum sort!!!
also noticed every time i copper with a speed gun they seem to be wearing a highly visable jacket, so guess its part of the procedure that they have to be visable to give some sort of warning i guess, but i reckon by time u have noticed the copper standing their with the gun itl be too late!!

are the guns accurate??
and can u get done for it same as being flashed,3points and fine??
ainsley_brader

16th Sep 03 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guns have to be calibrated the morning before they are used so yes they are accurate.
and yes 3 pts £60 just the same!
The high vis jackets are part of H&S so you dont run them over!
DODG-E

16th Sep 03 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as if u stick to every speed limit!!?!!!! y u lying so blatently!???

ppl like u make me laugh
ANDYHOT

16th Sep 03 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure i read that a police officer has to be wearing a high visibility jacket or be in or next to a visible marked car, and as ainsley said the guns have to have been calibrated the same day. also i think they have to be a certain distance away from obsticals (eg. lamp posts, trees and bus shealter. etc) to stop them affecting the reading.
matt_jonesuk

17th Sep 03 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any camera even the gatso's have to be clearly visible (and the camera's should be yellow) they have to be visible from 60 metres in areas that have speed limits 30 - 60 and anything over 60 they must be clearly visible from 100 metres. This is the legislation but it seems to be ignored also police vans/cars have to have proper markings and cannot be hidden they have to be clearly visibly marked on what they are. But again this is also ignored so many police hide behind the pillars on bridges etc.
matt_jonesuk

17th Sep 03 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader
quote:
no lessons to be learnt fact is a police officer with a speed gun i see as a hazard my dad was travelling behind someone and there was a copper with a speed gun and the guy in front wasnt speeding but he paniced and slammed on his brakes and my dad went into the back of him. You could argue that my dad was travelling to close

clearly he was!

but if the copper wasnt there the accident would not have happened

and if the copper had been a child that had ran into the road?!

the copper was about 30 metres away sitting outside his car on the island up ahead my dad wasnt speeding it was the fact the driver in front of him shit himself even though he wasnt speeding obviously he wasnt aware of his speed and who is aware of there speed at all times?
Makarus

17th Sep 03 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ainsley_brader dont be such a dick.

People speed, sad fact, I admit I speed some times, and if people were honest everyone in the counrty would say they have broken the speed limit.

The fact about the copper and a child is this -
The child may not know better, it may not have road sense so it is not a deliberate cause of an accident. A copper chooses to do what he does and causes and accident without need.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll