corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ouch!! saw hit and run!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ouch!! saw hit and run!
Sims

User status: Offline
   19th Sep 03 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tonight i left my mates in the pub to go meet my girlfriend to take her out for a meal in bristol. (aniversary )

walked about 5 metres from the pub and saw a bloke crossing the road to my side. i looked back and noticed a white astra van coming towards him and i thought this will have to brake to not hit him.....

Then smack!!! the van hit the bloke in his legs which wacked him down onto the bonnet and then he bounched off, then bounch of the road and landed on the pavement at me feet!

i couldn't believe it! i didn't know what to do. the van drove off and i asked the bloke if he was o.k. he was pritty messed up. face was covered in blood and his leg must have been broke. blood all over the pavement.

Bouncers from the pub i left come over and helped and called ambulance and the police. had to give details and then i went off and picked my girlfriend up. was very shocking

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by Sims]
mav

19th Sep 03 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not nice m8.

bet u were a but shaken up..
Paul H

19th Sep 03 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bet you want to hungry after that
sxi boy

19th Sep 03 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fukin hell thats harsh
Sims

19th Sep 03 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah was very harsh. couldn't believe the bloke in the van drove off.

wasn't a nice thing to see from when the bloke was crossing to when he was basically at my feet all blooded up.

i didn't feel like driving, was still bit shakey. i had to drive past it all aswell. the bloke was still on the floor with the paramedics. With ambulance and two cop cars parked alongside with lights flashing.

i didn't finish my phat pizza, like i normally do.
big eck

19th Sep 03 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The prick probably didnt have a licensce or insurance.
drunkenfool

19th Sep 03 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an 11 yr old skateboarder ran out into the road right in front of my mate in a 60 zone, luckily it had just changed from a 30, so he wasnt going too fast, but he hit the kid - broke his arm and jaw, and the windscreen of the car. My mate was really fucking shaken up by it, but there was nothing at all he coulda done. I cant believe the guy in the van didnt stop though! I saw a dog get run over by a taxi who didnt stop, and that was bad enough. Hope you arent still feeling too bad about it
charcoalgrill

19th Sep 03 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hm bad shit, which pub was that m8?
the pub across the road from me is quite bad, cus its on the main road, a few ppl have stumbles out and been knocked over
langey

20th Sep 03 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i nearly ran a little girl over the other day, she just went straight out in the road, i was onlyrolling tho as i was going down hill off a car park. silly bitch
Sims

20th Sep 03 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

outside a pub called the Greyhound in midsomer norton near bristol/bath. we got a charcoalgrill here too. it rocks.

yeah things like this make you think. like i often go over the speed limit but after today i'll try and keep below the limit then i am less likely to hit someone over, that steps out in front of me.
LoudandProud

20th Sep 03 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit m8 that aint good
AndyW

20th Sep 03 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate was drivin along doin 20 in a 30 cos there were kids playin by the road. he see this kid on his bike go to ride in front of him so he stopped as u would, shouted at the kid to get out the road etc, as my mate went to pull away again the kid road out in front of him even tho he was doin bout 15-20mph he was close enuff he cudnt do nowt n hit him he went up the bonnet n smashed the window.

fortunately there were witnesses to this and the police proved his speed by the length of the skid marks.
LoudandProud

20th Sep 03 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do feel for u m8, infront of u, on ur anniversary, one of those days i guess
kerzo

20th Sep 03 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i nearly drove into 2 girls as they crossed the road in town...must have been no more than 15 with bottles of wine and didnt even look to see me coming but i saw them and slowed down just in case..glad i did now or one of them could have been injured or worse.....i could have a damaged front bumper
Sam
Premium Member

20th Sep 03 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once I was driving on the A40 out of Oxford heading towards the M40, I was coming up to the traffic lights where the Thornhill Park and Ride is for anyone that knows Oxford, and these two girls must have been 14 or 15 were like crossing the road, not looking where they were going etc.

Now the A40 is a dual carriageway which is a 50mph limit until you pass these lights where it's national speed limit (70mph), they must have been about 100 yards maybe in front of me, I was doing about 50mph as I was coming up to the lights and I just seemed to have frozen, all I could do was keep my finger on the horn, one of the kids ran back, the other was just sat there in my lane on this dual carriageway staring at me, at the last second she ran back. I tell you, I nearly shit my pants there! My girlfriend was in the car with me and was just as in shock as I was! Very scary moment indeed!

Stupid pikey kids!
AndyW

20th Sep 03 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

near where i am now at a certain cross roads, u get bout 100 cud be more little 13/14 year old neds, hanging about, its scary when drivin past them cos even if the lights are green they just seem to walk across the roads in huge groups none look one day a bus will prob plow straight thru em all.
Daimo B

20th Sep 03 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can anyone humanly run someone over and leave them to die is beyond me.

People like that should be strung up by their testicles with fishing wire!

[Edited on 20-09-2003 by Daimo B]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ouch!! saw hit and run! 22 database queries in 0.0112381 seconds