corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » more help on the jl's plz.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author more help on the jl's plz.
CopyWrite

User status: Offline
29th Sep 03 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have decided to go for the jl w 3's and i want the 500/1 mono block to run it.
it says 500 W RMS @ 1.5 ohm-4 ohm.
does that mean throwin two of these subs onto the amp will give 250 to each sub?
Fear

29th Sep 03 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh around that, ive seen and heard two W3s running off this amp and is very well matched but you could get a bigger amp for the money of the JL Amp but the JL amps are very very well made!!!!!!
CopyWrite

29th Sep 03 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah id like to stick with jl amps & subs.
i see u have jl subs, they look good..i bet they sound even better, r they the w3's too?.
CopyWrite

29th Sep 03 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

btw which w3 do i need cos they got d2-d4-&d6
Fear

29th Sep 03 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh mine are W3's and sound superb They are well loud have a very impressive range and are very very well built!!! Im running them off of a Pheonix Gold QX 900.1d so they are getting aound 450 watts each But the amps are starting to look dated but im not gonna get rid of £800 of amps just cuz of that Plus ive just built a new install were they fit perfectly
Fear

29th Sep 03 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CopyWrite
btw which w3 do i need cos they got d2-d4-&d6

Defo not D6's, D4's at a guess, ive got D2's but dont know/think thats the best combo but i honestly dont know!!!! Sorry, AustinPXX or Corb, someone like that may know, i can find out easily enough for you if you wont but not till tomorrow
CopyWrite

29th Sep 03 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had a look at a few reviews of the 500/1 and someones using two 12"w3 d4's...so that cant be bad..ill go for that.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » more help on the jl's plz. 23 database queries in 0.0086131 seconds