corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dodgy soundin engine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dodgy soundin engine
woz9

User status: Offline
   20th Oct 03 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a corsa 1.2 16 sxi, since i've had it, the engine has started soundin a bit dodgy. It is makin a loud 'chishing' noise between 1 to 2000 revs. The whole engine is wizzin too, sounds like a bloody battery powered car. I took it back to the place i got it from, at first he said it was the belt so put a new belt on it, didn't change a thing, so then he came out with "all sxi's do it mate". I've heard other sxi's and they don't sound like this! All the engine is completley standard, wot the fcuks gone wrong?

Any comments please,
Thanks, Woz

[Edited on 20-10-2003 by woz9]
PaulW

20th Oct 03 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it to a garage and ask them to give it a look over but not to do any work and write a summary of what is wrong then take it back to the dealership & get them to sort it.

If they refuse, then if your still under warranty & the problems your talking about are not from general wear & tear, then you can get trading standards involved & they will force them to sort it out as you've not been sold what you paid for!

And no it doesn't sound right that, I've never heard an SXi make that sort of noise, only time I heard a car sound like how you describe was a run-down Nova
woz9

21st Oct 03 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the advice, i'lkl let u know how it turns out

New Poll