corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Painting Stone Chips

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Painting Stone Chips
Darren M

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 03 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not been in here much.... very nice

can anyone give me some info on how to paint a few chips i have on my astra. They are quite small but really annoying,

stuff like what to apply the paint with, smothing,polishing etc....

any help appreciated

thank you please
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd Nov 03 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxhall will do a stone chip painting kit with laquer and all that jazz + brush!
modded_corsa

3rd Nov 03 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you go to halfords mate thye do a kit it bout a fiver cums with 2 paint pens nd 2 sponges can get it in most colours nd they are highly effective and hardly noticable
willay
Premium Member

3rd Nov 03 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah if you have a new car theres a good chance halfords wont have the correct match though
DangerousDave16v

3rd Nov 03 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the vauxhall kit ,but it didnt make sense just painting over the rust (as it will come backand probably bubble up)so i havent used it.ive got some bad ones on my bonnet but never got round to fixing them, and also some where the undecoat is exposed.
dont really knowhow to tackle it cos you can make a right dogs dinner if its not done well.
willay
Premium Member

3rd Nov 03 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think when using the touch up kit a good rule is less is better.
Darren M

4th Nov 03 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads just polished my motor so off i go to halfords for one of these kits. The colour is flame red so you SHOULD have it

cheers fellas
leafgreencorsa

4th Nov 03 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be easy to get a good result with flame red. I've managed to get virtually invisible repairs on my sister's old Astra SRi. Assuming there is no rust, then I recommend you just build up layers of paint (carefully!) within the chip/scratch until it is level with the surrounding paint, overlapping slightly. With very small chips, a cocktail stick is better for spotting in the paint as the brush with the touch-up kit is too big. Let the paint harden for a few hours. Using T-Cut, blend into the remaining finish. Follow up with wax polish. Well done, this should minimise the appearance of the chip. Don't expect too much from a touch-in stick mind. If you've a bonnet peppered with stone chips then it will need a proper respray.

New Poll