corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » New H.U-Keeping MFD

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New H.U-Keeping MFD
DangerousDave16v

User status: Offline
7th Jan 04 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just got a new headunit, and i know you can keep the mfd by cutting a wire. i havent fitted it yet, so just want to know, which one it is, and where to cut it. Ive read the archived posts on this subject but just got a bit confused

any help appreciated,

cheers
Dom

User status: Offline
7th Jan 04 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have to cut the red/brown (some colour like that) wire on the vauxhall radio block. However mate, if your not gonna be using amps for a little while, then simple dont connect the remote lead (aka power arial wire, blue in colour) to the vaux block and the MFD works perfect (what ive done) <- However, the red/brown wire isnt the only one that is connected to the remote lead wire, theres a black one too...although i cant find what it is in the haynes manual, does the arial have a power amp on it?. But it doesnt seem to have done anything wrong to my car, so

New Poll