corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Quick question about scrubbing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick question about scrubbing
Mistamist

User status: Offline
30th Jun 04 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 205/40/17 et49 and lowered 40mm on spax. It rubs on the rear driver side, but not on the passenger side when under load. Should this happen as this setup i though was ok.
myke

30th Jun 04 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got rid of the top arch bolts yeah?
ed

1st Jul 04 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine does this. Perfectly normal - it is because Corsa's, and infact anythig that is mass produced, are made to tolerences. So basically, your body is welded onto the floorpan and can be on slightly wonky, but still be ok. It's about and inch or so before they scrap the body....
Siberia

1st Jul 04 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have both side of my car lowered the same in the rear but the passenger side sits higher than the drivers side.

i think its either the bushes are fecked, the car was in a smash, or some drunk halfasleep chap welded my car together at manufactering
purple_corsa_gls

1st Jul 04 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
i have both side of my car lowered the same in the rear but the passenger side sits higher than the drivers side.

i think its either the bushes are fecked, the car was in a smash, or some drunk halfasleep chap welded my car together at manufactering

Probably the latter if it was an Irish car
ed

1st Jul 04 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it will be a different height. It iwll either be fecked bushes, or the body is on tilted... If it was actually wonky then the car wouldn't hold the road properly and be unsafe. Could be a dodgy repair too - Jig time?
Siberia

1st Jul 04 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple_corsa_gls
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia

Probably the latter if it was an Irish car

its acutally a vauxhaul import from the uk

since i put the coilovers in the handling is great once it was all sorted out.

feck the jig idea dont have the cash for that
Mitch

1st Jul 04 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got mine lowered 60mm on apex springs & dampers, mine only rubs on the drivers side too, but only wen i got fat people in the back, it suprised me actually, i thought it wud be a nitemare. 205/40/17s on there

New Poll