corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Ultrasonics or Microwave sensors?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ultrasonics or Microwave sensors?
H13X JW

User status: Offline
8th Aug 04 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alrite ppl, i currently have a Toad Ai606 with the ultrasonics fitted. I recently got my car hit in a car park and it's pissing me off ppl getting to close to it. I can get the microwave sensors fitted for £40 but have to loose my ultrasonics

The reason i want the microwave 1s is cos u can set them to bleep at anyone that gets too close but what r peoples opinion on them? i don't know what to go for cos i'm forced to park in a section at work and damage just seems to happen when you've had work done to your car doesn't it. Cheers, Alex
miles

8th Aug 04 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Microwave (proximity) sensors are annoying. They beep at cats, tree's, wind etc. You have to turn the sensitivity right down, so they rarely beep at people anyway.

Then there's the people that will kick it because it beeped at them. Im sure the microwave and ultrasonics work together.
H13X JW

8th Aug 04 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't even think about the fact they may go off at daft things like cats, deffinatly a big consideration. I got told by the ppl that fitted my alarm i could have one or the other i would have asked for them both.

My mate's got a set (for a clifford alarm though) but they seems quite good, they beep at you if you get too close but don't seem affected by anything else. Saying that thought i assume wind would but i think i could deal with that. The thing bout ppl damaging it cos it beeped at them is true and just shows what some people when do when they get jelous of something they can't afford Cheers for the reply fella.

[Edited on 08-08-2004 by H13X JW]
RobHayes

8th Aug 04 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate had them on his clifford, only worked when u got right up to the window n looked thru it, dunno wot he had the sensitivity at tho. not really worth the extra i dont think
miles

8th Aug 04 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could adjust the inside and outside sensitivity on mine. The alarm goes off with the inside ones, just beeps with the outside ones.

The sensitivity seemed a bit random on mine.

I park my car next to a big bush, and when it was windy or raining it was really annoying and it beeped all night. Annoyed me and the neighbours!

It might have affected it as my Nova was stripped. That was with the ai606 as well.

Probably no need for ultrasonics and microwave sensors I guess...
H13X JW

8th Aug 04 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the replys lads i think i'm going to have to ring and try to speak to one of the fitter blokes to c what they have to say

New Poll