corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Irregular knocking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Irregular knocking
Sri5

User status: Offline
30th Sep 04 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since i repaired (ripped it off!) my rattling heat sheild on my 1.4 16v, i have noticed another noise. It a kind of irregular knocking which seems to be coming from the cambelt area. All the pullys seem tight, and the engine runs fine. Any ideas?

cheers
Greasemonkey

30th Sep 04 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it ya induction kit hitting something, if not ya could be looking at a waterpump faliure, which will cause the same damage as a cam belt snapping
Sri5

30th Sep 04 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not got induction kit. I took off all the air box pipe work up to the throttle body to get a closer look. What would be the signs of a failing water pump (apart from knocking noise!).

New Poll