corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Ressetting Linkage: Pics please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ressetting Linkage: Pics please
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 04 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've noticed that I have a little trouble selecting 1st and 2nd gears sometimes, and also the gear stick wobbles a little from side to side in 4th and 5th. After letting my mate have a drive, he also noticed these symtoms so I had a search on corsasport, and found a guide (the one about sticking drill bits in holes to get allign stuff), but Im not sure where all these bits are, so could anyone post some pictures about where i need to do all the stuff to reset the linkage?

Cheers.

Im driving a 98' 1.0L 12v (completely standard)

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BeArDy

2nd Oct 04 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ontop of the gearbox where the Selector arm is, you will find a small hole, sometime has a plug in it.
4mm drill bit in there, wiggle the seletor arm around abit you will feel it lock
then inside, take cover on gear lever and line the 2 holes up on the left locking with a 4mm drill bit
bolt up join under car
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Oct 04 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not essential to use the drill bits, I fixed mine with a bit of trial and error.

You need to get a fair way under the car from the front as well so make sure you have the ability to do that safely.
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 04 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

K, Cheers I've had a look under the bonnet, and found the gear box. Theres a little rubber plug on the top of it, so I pull this off, and stick the drill bit in. I gets my brother to wiggle the gear stick but the drill bit doesn't move. Have I got the wrong hole?

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
DP.

2nd Oct 04 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pull put the plug.. put the drill bit in the hole.. then while still putting pressure on the drill bit turn the gear selecter arm clockwise (as your looking at it) and then you will feel the drill bit click in a bit further
Adam-D

2nd Oct 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=133496
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Oct 04 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer Cheers, Thats the guide I was reffering to. I just needed a little help finding out which bits are which!

Cheers fellas, I'll go give it a try now

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Colin.S

2nd Oct 04 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you use the drillbit method both the box and the linkage need to be in 2nd gear for the drillbits to lock in. I think the haynes book has a few pictures in it.

New Poll