corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brake help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brake help
RyeSt

User status: Offline
9th Oct 04 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

I have just fitted Gsi brakes to my 1.2 B. Problem is I cant get the brake pedal back. Pumps about half way up then when I turn the car on to test drive it the pedal goes soft again. Bled the brakes right through a few times and callipers ecy are moving free. Just cant keep the pressure
TOMAS

9th Oct 04 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Number of things it could be...

1) youve got the bleed nipples facing down

2) there is still air in the system

3) youve not bled them correctly and youve nackered the master cylinder seal which has flipped - new master cylinder time. When bleeding did you pump the pedal right to the floor?
Rileysport

9th Oct 04 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if master cylinder is boogered i have a spare one.... if the servo's naffed i have two of them!!
RyeSt

9th Oct 04 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah got the bleed nipples facing down over. nerver thought it would make a difference. Oh well. Strip it out tomorrow

New Poll