corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » quicky

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quicky
diddon

User status: Offline
27th Oct 04 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sub enclosures

18mm is best yes???

If more than one sub is it best to have separte boxes of one big one for cubic volume
kev_corsa

27th Oct 04 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, 18mm minimum is best mate, seperate boxes or the same box with a divider.

Actually plywood is the best wood to use acoustically and its lighter in wieght, but its hard to join as you would need to make joints like dovetails or something similar so its a pain in the arse.
So most people opt for MDF as its easy to work with and join. - just thought id add that bit

hope that helps
Dom

27th Oct 04 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kev_corsa
yep, 18mm minimum is best mate, seperate boxes or the same box with a divider.

Actually plywood is the best wood to use acoustically and its lighter in wieght, but its hard to join as you would need to make joints like dovetails or something similar so its a pain in the arse.
So most people opt for MDF as its easy to work with and join. - just thought id add that bit

hope that helps

i never knew that, good bit of info there dovetail joints are only hard if you dont have the right tools, as you can get a special cutter for a router to cut dovetail joints

btw, have you got anymore info about using ply for sub boxes? like what thickness you need etc etc
kev_corsa

27th Oct 04 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no probs mate It still needs to be the same thickness.

I havent got any more info on using ply, i only know because my mate on my Uni course (Electronic Engineering) works for a well known car audio place down here and we just end up chatting about ICE all through our lectures
Dom

27th Oct 04 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate, tar again like might give it a whirl - but it take it you basically treat it the same as if building a box using mdf, except use dovetail joints?

Edit: Found a good post in another forum about using plywood, mdf, hdf etc - >> HERE <<

[Edited on 27-10-2004 by VisibleMan]
kev_corsa

27th Oct 04 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmmm the guy on there seems to think that ply would work the same as MDF, i suppose it all depends on enclosure size etc.

He said HDF is even better, might be worth a try doing a few experiments too see which is best

New Poll