corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Do Xe's have an oil pump spring?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do Xe's have an oil pump spring?
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
11th Dec 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My tappets go like made when the oil is cold and thicker so to speak. Just wondering if Xe's have an oil pump spring like the LET's, i assume they do?

I hear that the spring when refreshed, cleaned or re-newed can help the oil flow?

I know my tappets might be fcuked, or just require cleaning, thought the oil pump spring might be 1 option to sample? (link below)

Spring

[Edited on 11-12-2004 by X 60RSA]

[Edited on 11-12-2004 by X 60RSA]
James R

11th Dec 04 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LET's and XE's have the same oil pump. You should touch the oil pressure unless it's low, otherwise you'll blow up oil seals, or get pump up at high revs and trash the engine.
Nic Barnes

12th Dec 04 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my tappets are bad when cold for maybe a minute. changed the release valve and spring and it made........no difference. changing the tappets after christmas.

its not the easiest of things to put back in, well, i found it quite hard, having to compress the spring, line the threads up and start turning the bolt all with one hand from underneath with the engine in. easy as hell when engine is out.

oil pump repair kits from local motor factors come with the spring, release valve and new oil pump gears, cost about 17 quid. worth doing for that price really

New Poll