corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust banging

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust banging
barry_kellett99

User status: Offline
14th Feb 05 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, I had to get a new (standard) back box as mine fell off through old age.
The new one that has been fitted appears to be fine until the car goes over a bump and the box then moves slightly (as designed) but now it rattles off the side of the spare wheel well.
What can be done to stop it?
It has the same rubber mounts hanging it on as the old one had and i dont think the box is any larger.

Any help much appreciated
AK

14th Feb 05 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

re-adjust the fitting? further forward/back.... or tighter rubbers?

that or just mask the problem by covering the offending areas with fire proof padding.

It will prob be hitting the axle, thats where mine hit, till i re-mounted it
barry_kellett99

14th Feb 05 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
re-adjust the fitting? further forward/back.... or tighter rubbers?

that or just mask the problem by covering the offending areas with fire proof padding.

It will prob be hitting the axle, thats where mine hit, till i re-mounted it

Cheers, Was reading using the ever helpful search function and read about harder rubber mounts which i think would sort it.
Also Someone mentioned Vectra mounts to hold the box tighter up to the bottom of the car?
white_gsi

14th Feb 05 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the same prob exhaust bracket hitting back axle mate said that any good garage will proberly do it for free i doubt it coz nothing in life is free

New Poll