corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brakes making a strange noise

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brakes making a strange noise
Doug

User status: Offline
27th Feb 05 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

i have a 52 plate corsa, the 3 cylinder job.

Basicly when i have left the car over night the next time i drive it for the first time a break the front brakes seem to be making a grinding noise.
Now its not rust on the disks or even that the pads are knackered.
I was thinking that the calipers might be seizing slightly?
i really dont know. But after i have breaked from 7mph to stop at the end of my driveway they stop making a noise.
Any ideas?

[Edited on 27-02-2005 by Doug Corsa]
RKS

27th Feb 05 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ice/water on the disk?
Doug

27th Feb 05 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been informed by a mechanic mate that it could just be damp pads caused by the dew and general wet conditions of this time of year

New Poll