corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » gsi stalling

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gsi stalling
glennpanton

User status: Offline
3rd May 05 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had my gsi c16xe stall on me twice sat in traffic,has been bit lumpy on idle revs jumpin a little any ideas waht it is??
Siberia

3rd May 05 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be a few things although i'd look at the icv or the coolant temp sensor...

is the ecu light on?
simonp

3rd May 05 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Idle control valve is more than likely all gummed up. Can't remember exactly where it is on the C16, try looking under the throttle body. Should be there.

Unplug the connector, undo the pipes and remove if you can. Spray copious amounts of carb cleaner down both holes until it runs clear again. Could also clean out the pipes. Once dry, dab a little bit of oil onto the rotating valve inside. You can test it by rigging it up to a 12v power source, just to check it actuates.
Fraser Young

4th May 05 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My C16 had alot of problems like this, thought it was the ICV, turned out to be a split vaccum pipe from the top of the head of the engine... made the oil condense and become gay...
3CorsaMeal

4th May 05 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must be ICV, everything is ICV

New Poll