corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anyone recommend anything better than the rubber bands to hold my backbox up?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone recommend anything better than the rubber bands to hold my backbox up?
danny_vx

User status: Offline
4th May 05 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rubber bands to hold up my backbox aren't really too good.. i have a 4" backbox with a standard bumper, and when i'm going over bumpy roads or speedbumps i can hear my backbox hitting the bumper plus when i first start the car up in the mornings it rattles... the clearance between the exhaust and the bumper is minimal like 1-2cm when the car is stationary. the rubber bands holding it on physically will not let it go any lower and it moves quite a lot if i push it, can anyone recommend anything better so it hangs a little lower and tighter than now?

thanks, dan.
danny_vx

4th May 05 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've checked previous posts, most of them state to get tighter bands, but that will bring my exhaust closer to the bumper which won't really do the trick will it..... i've checked underneath the car, the clamp isnt hitting the rear axle.. but when i shake the backbox really hard the actual tip hits the bumper and also the tank..
JJ

4th May 05 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used those ring things that hold the induction kit on lol... Cant rember the fookin name of the just now, but i got 4 of them, adjusted them to the size i needed the fittem and cable tied em together... Hope this helps...
JJ

4th May 05 at 01:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Failing that, take a trip down the local tyre n zorst fitter n see if they have bigger rubbers...
X 60RSA

4th May 05 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines bolted behind the bumper to the frame of the car, only moves about 2mm in any direction. It had to be drilled and another bracket welded onto the back box. The bracket sits on a rubber mount which sits on the frame behind the bumper, solid as a rock!
3CorsaMeal

4th May 05 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ICV

New Poll