corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Juiced - updated with pics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Juiced - updated with pics
Paul_J

User status: Offline
14th Jun 05 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.1 Gb - took ages to download.

It's not that bad though - handling seems better than it was in the original demo, though I've only really driven FWD cars and I'm using my Ps2 controller on the pc.

The game is still very arcadey though - aimed at chavs like NFSU, but it's alright - damage is cool, graphics are pretty good (though arcadey), gameplay is alright - though it's too early to say really. But online play should be a good laugh when the game is actually released - so you can make a car offline with the career mode, take it online and race for money / slips for the cars.

I bought a Honda CRX - was standard, so I chaved it up a bit with lowering and big alloys - your typical halfords car minus washer jets.

I then chav'd it up a bit and gave it a metallic blue paintjob.

Took it racing against chavs like this.

and ended up needing a big repair

Few things I really like is stuff like how it doesn't limit on you on what you can do to your car like on NFSU, ok so you have to race a bit to unlock better stuff - but generally you can upgrade your car after every race, rather than in NFSU have to wait ages to unlock things and then mod it all at once.

I also like the whole way the game is played. It's basically a callender of events, different Crew's hold events which you can attend or watch or just skip all together. There's events like Show Offs too where the aim is to impress with donuts etc. I was doing a reverse donut and racking up the points and then they all started booing and saying 'Boring' haha as I had been doing it in my shitter for about a min.

One cool thing about this calender is that you can host your own events on free days and either take part or watch people race in them.

Each event is for a 'Class' of car. As seen in the pics above my car is class 8 - 100 - 200 bhp class. Note how I've modded my car to 199 bhp only, so I can win class 8 races. If my car is over 200 bhp I can only compete in the next class up etc. This does have the advantage that your not being out classed, though there's more money up for grabs in the later classes.

You Win money for races, but on each race you can also choose to place a bet with another driver - if you beat them you win that money even if you don't win the race (and if you win you get it all). When respect is high enough you can race for slips. You can also negociate the bet, so like say $30,000 and they say 'your having a laugh' and you end up settling on $10,000.

Bad points is tracks are quite boring and repetitive. Also being a arcade game if your in the lead, cars catch up easily, if your behind you catch them up easy.

This means though you can win easily by lapping quite slowly but keeping ahead - where as if you race off and get a big lead, and then hit a wall or something slowing you down, they'll all catch up and pass you.

Sorry for essay.

Just thought some people would be interested as they've talked about it. I don't know whether I'd pay for the game though

Paul J

[Edited on 14-06-2005 by Paul_J]
Paul_J

14th Jun 05 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bugger just lost that ^^ car racing for slips
Skipz

15th Jun 05 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks a good game man, might be buying this soon (hopefully)
Paul_J

15th Jun 05 at 01:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the online play is where this game will be really cool though taking your custom car / paint / mods etc online and racing for money / slips

If it's anything like offline, you'll be able to organise your own events too online and let your crew members race as well.

Due to the class system of racing, where you have power classes it'll make it good online - so that your not out classed in every race like in NFSU everyone had skyline's online maxed to the full and only the people with the super parts would win.

In this I'd imagine online - you can get your car in the class say 8 with 199 bhp like I have and people also with 199 bhp or less or whatever will be a close race.

of course there is still FWD, RWD, 4WD that'll make a diff and if say I have better tyres etc it'll help - but I think it should come down to driver skill providing your car's are in the same class

As I read in a review - the game does promote the fact that some times the quickest way round a track (especially in FWD) is to actually slow down for a bend. Especially when hitting a wall = damage = slower = cost of repair.

Annoying thing is - I think at uni Gamespy doesn't work (or I'll have to figure out some clever work around ) - otherwise things like this, LFS, Battlefield and many others will have to wait till after 30th when I'll have that PC back at home
3CorsaMeal

15th Jun 05 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks well shitt
--Dave--
Banned

15th Jun 05 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
looks well shitt

I concur, looks like someone slapped it together using Paint
Ren

16th Jun 05 at 02:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to see it play. The game was made using semi-cell-shaded graphics, to give it a cartoon look. Bare in mind, this game was made 2/3 years ago. When Akklaim went bankrupt, THQ bought the rights, told Juice Games to change it a bit, and released it almost a year later.

Ive played the old version (full) and i got really bored after a while. As someone mentioned the 'rubberband' AI really makes trying to win races a chore. Crap game, but they'll be people that love it, as always.

My 2 pence
Paul_J

16th Jun 05 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ren gotta agree with you mate. It's better than it originally was (when it was first going to be released) - So it's better than the version you played.

But I'm really just looking forward to online play. Although I ended up losing all my cars (pink slips) offline ... and thought fuck it - Watched 2 people race and bet all my $90,000 I had left on 1 person ...

I lost and was left with $0.

Thankfully 'A generous friend lent me some money' (thats what it says hah) - which gives me $30,000...

I'm now sitting pretty on $1,600,000 - I've not even got a car, or raced since I lost all my money. I've not hacked the game - just observed something and used it to my advantage on betting on races

Shows the design flaws of the game though - however I think this only happens on 1 track, when your hosting, only when they're racing as 1 class... in 1 extreme circumstance - either way, repeat it and you end up with the money I've got

the problem is - when game goes online, loads of people would of probably noticed the same little thing and also be sitting pretty on loads of money - so they'll all have top cars and it defeats the point of the whole game.
Joff

17th Jun 05 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooh..

Paul_J

17th Jun 05 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah it's finally been released then?

Hmm - If only I knew how to get it to play online at uni (bloody blocking gamespy on uni network)

Weird thing is - Skyline seems a bit shite in the game and dodge viper seems best car - but limit yourself to like group 6/7 and you won't have to worry about the viper.
Ren

19th Jun 05 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Added new cars then i see. Might look into buying this... if the difficulty has been turned down (smashed my controller to pieces on the last one )
Corsa Sport Gav

19th Jun 05 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just spent 12hrs downloading this and am not impressed, dunno if its cos ive been playing forza since friday. but pleased i didnt waste any money buying it
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Jul 05 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just acquired this game and I think its pretty good.

The classes are a good idea, as you can now do well, if you've got a slow car.

For example, I have a 1100 BHP Viper but I think its rubbish to drive, so I jump into my 199 bhp Corsa and can still win races, and enjoy driving it.

My best car has gotta be my 495bhp Impreza 22B, Its only in class 4 or 5 but it can do 220mph with a shot of NOS making it really quick for its class.

Good game IMO

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jonny P

10th Jul 05 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think i might buy it, its only 20quid.so i can trade it in if i like soon
Pablo

11th Jul 05 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks bit cheesy
Penna

11th Jul 05 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got it about 2 weeks ago, and must say its good when u first get it, but after a day or so its get totally shoot, i mean because its official body kits you only get like 3 kits for each car and the spoilers are shoot, you get an ok selection of wheels, but still havn't fount out if you can adjust the rim size, the games too easy, as I have around 500.000 and about 5 dodge vipers and alot of other cars (and yes in about one day I got all this) my little brother whos 9 and doesn't go on the computer has already unlocked vipers. Theres events you can go in for 1000-1200 bhp and when you get a car that goes that fast (tuned up viper) you can hardly control teh car at all and it handles like shoot. Also when you race for pink slips, and you unlock a faster car, say got from a 0-199bhp car and unlock say a 200-299bhp car, the computer doesn't allow you to race for pinks on ur less expensive slower car so you have to gamble your new faster car....... IMO its abit wank lol
Jonny P

11th Jul 05 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think ill bother then

New Poll