corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » strange electrical going on's - cig adaptor related

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author strange electrical going on's - cig adaptor related
ryansss

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 05 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a gsi, and decided I wanted rid of the cig adaptor section. I wired a 3 way adaptor unit (screwed to side of centre console) direct to the original cig feed.

Strange bit - It works fine with the key turned, but turn the all the way (to turn the engine on) and power goes!! Goes from 12 volts to 2 volts?

Originally I had another 3 way cig adaptor plugged into the original adaptor, but this blew!! The fuse and unit were toast! could this have affected something?

ANy help greatly appreciated.
5chaap2k

2nd Jul 05 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

time for a new battery or charger i gues..

when u start the car the startengine uses the full load of the battery leaving only 2v on the sig-plug...

get the charger and battery tested
ryansss

2nd Jul 05 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

battery was new 2 months ago. The problem only happens when engine is running

The 3 way cig lighter thing has a red light on it that flashes when the batterys low, or the unit isnt recieving enough power.

Red light is constant just before the last turn, its only when the engines running that I have a problem.

So what changes when the engines running?
ryansss

2nd Jul 05 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

btw there is a neon feeding off the same power, and its fine, engine on or off?

Batterys been tested, its not that
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Jul 05 at 01:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At a guess, something ignition switched is drawing large amounts of current. Take any other aftermarket wiring off to see if you can isolate the problem.

New Poll