corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » It's like having three brake pedals !!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author It's like having three brake pedals !!
Phil McGlassup

User status: Offline
   4th Oct 05 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello everyone, I'm a newb here and I ain't got a Haynes comic yet!! I have a 1.7 diesel corsa, T reg, and I have a problem with the clutch and throttle pedal operation in that they are very heavy and stiff to depress
The car has done 57k miles so I was wandering if I could get away with removing and lubricating or replacing the cables for new ones. Apart from the cables, could it be anything else? The clutch and throttle work very well it's just that at this rate I'll soon need new knee and hip joints

Thanks in advance,
Phil.
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

4th Oct 05 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disconnect the clutch cable then try and press the pedal, see how stiff it is...do the same with the throttle pedal...although on corsa's the throttle pedals are stiffer than on other cars i have noticed.

[Edited on 04-10-2005 by Sly_SRi]

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
fragpot

5th Oct 05 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.2 SXi has a really stiff throttle pedal. I'm used to it now and I actually quite like it. Except when I drive my 205 I rev the tits off it trying to hold it on the clutch. lmao
Phil McGlassup

5th Oct 05 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your help - I'll give it a try and hope that it is just the cables that are the problem.

Cheers for now,

Phil.
Rileysport

5th Oct 05 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A late spec diesel may have a hydraulic clutch though

never had a clutch or accelerator prob on mine, although my mates diesel is like an on/off switch with sod all pedal travel

New Poll