corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Want more power out my X1.6XE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Want more power out my X1.6XE
axel156

User status: Offline
6th Oct 05 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello I’m from Holland and I have a Corsa B X1.6XE and want to change something at the engine to get more power in the higher revs! At the moment I have 156PS at 6800rpm and 172NM at 4000RPM on the Mantzel Rolling Bank.

X1.6XE enlarged to 1620cc
Mantzel Powerbox
Mantzel chip
Mantzel 4mm bigger Throttle plate
264 degrees Schrick Cams
Power Boost Valve 3,2 bar
Ported Cylinderhead
4-2-1 Lexmaul Exhaust
Lightened Flywheel 6kg
Supersprint cat
Group A from Catalysator
Twister Filter (Green Air)

I’m thinking about a 4-1 exhaust because I want more power in the higher revs. And maybe I want some cam pulleys, did somebody knom how many power it gives? Advice and tipps are welcome

[Edited on 06-10-2005 by axel156]
broster
Premium Member

6th Oct 05 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem with fitting pullies when the engine is running standard management is.... well you cant really, the exhauts cam pulley has pick ups for the cam shaft position sensor and the car wont run without it, vernier pullies dont have ths pick up so you need to run stand alone management like omex, dta, go-tech or emerald. the 4-1 will gain you power but not noticable over the lexmaul you have on there. the next step for you is throttle bodies really then pocketed pstons and 288 cams.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

6th Oct 05 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
The problem with fitting pullies when the engine is running standard management is.... well you cant really, the exhauts cam pulley has pick ups for the cam shaft position sensor and the car wont run without it, vernier pullies dont have ths pick up so you need to run stand alone management like omex, dta, go-tech or emerald. the 4-1 will gain you power but not noticable over the lexmaul you have on there. the next step for you is throttle bodies really then pocketed pstons and 288 cams.

what he said
axel156

6th Oct 05 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 1000 euro in December to change some mods.
Throttle bodies is a good idea, but it's more than 1000 euro
broster
Premium Member

6th Oct 05 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the only thing to do power wise really mate... how about suspension mods? other things make the car go fast
Siberia

6th Oct 05 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car will run without the camshaft sensor it defaults to the crankshaft sensor...

the lug on my exhaust cam was broken for months...

after all them modz and you want more power then there only one way to go and thats TB's(this is if you insist on keep the x16)

[Edited on 06-10-2005 by Siberia]
broster
Premium Member

6th Oct 05 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had it bringing up fault codes and running in limp mode when i broke the lugs off mine with a hammer to test
Siberia

6th Oct 05 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf did you do that for em.. there was light on the dash on mine but no notice able difference really in driving... every so slightly smoother when i put a new pulley on...

minbe a c16 though maybe different.... it just tells the injectors when to ... emm.. inject

New Poll