corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » PIONEER CD-IB100 - to - PIONEER DEH 77MP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PIONEER CD-IB100 - to - PIONEER DEH 77MP
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Dec 05 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently have the 77MP in my car and have just bought the CD IB100 so can connect my ipod upto the car.

Just wondering if anyone has done this.....

Been reading reviews on the net and has very mixed opinions.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
mwg

8th Dec 05 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not done it but as far as I'm aware its simply a case of plugging the CD IB100 into the back of your headunit then plugging your ipod in the CD IB100 and then you can control the ipod through your headunit.
I'll let you be the guinea pig 1st before I buy one for myself
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

8th Dec 05 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup il be the test pilot haha, if it doesn't work Jamie has said he will buy it off me so he can use it on his screen.

Was looking where to attach a dock in the car earlier and can't go wher i originally planned

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
mwg

8th Dec 05 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If yours works then I'm planning on getting one and I'm gonna make a little build out of MDF to go in the glovebox and carpet it. Nicely out of site but would look neat when you open the glovebox up
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

8th Dec 05 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen as the Nano is so small i might try and take your idea but make it fit in the ash tray with the switches for my amps......

Or i could just fire the cable and ipod on the passenger seat sounds easier

Nic Barnes

9th Dec 05 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look in my garage for pics of ipod in an ash tray, although mine is the ipod photo so slightly bigger.

mine is connected to a pioneer p3600mp headumit which was a base model unit about 2 years ago now. it works ok, the only thing that does my head in is that if i want to change track or artist, i cant browse for what i want first.

also, if i pick and artist off the ipod that has more than one album, then select and album by that artist, i cant simply go back to the album list. i have to go back to artist list again begining at either a or z.

still, saves me carrying 11 gig worth of cd's about, lol
mwg

9th Dec 05 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have a hand shaped ashtray
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

9th Dec 05 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started making a mount for my ash tray last night.

Was bored so the cardboard and tape came out haha, few adjustments to be made and then il make it out of perspex or acrylic........ (maybe MDF)

Will get photo's tonight......... sits quite well!

Looks good muppet......... Yeh thats what ive been reading..... pain in the arse trying to skip song/album/artist on the HU..... but supposedly this is much harder on the larger capacity ipods 30-40GB

Fingers crossed its not too complicated on the smaller 2-4GB models.

Was there wiring in the pioneer loom to plug straight in or do you have to wire it up to a live and then HU etc.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

9th Dec 05 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's my plan:

Fits as snug as a bug in a rug:

Just need room for the Ipod connector to sit which would fit in that model, and something to make it out of...

Any ideas people?

sim0ng

9th Dec 05 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd use a vacuum moulder mate, but I'd get a peice of wood cut to the same size as the ipod first, then put it on the tray, cramp in a sheet of vinyl, turn the heater on, wait for the heater to get soft then raise the platform with the wood on and then turn on the vacuum and turn off the heat! hardest part is finding somewhere with one of these, theres a company next to cruise rims who make things out of plastics and I'd see if i could borrow equiptment there if i were to make it myself!
Nic Barnes

10th Dec 05 at 04:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have to wire it up ignition live and earth i think, comes with full instructions. 2 wires anyway. charges the ipod n all which is a bonus.

sorry matt, had uploaded the wrong pic.

i just removed the cig ligher, and cut a groove in the ash tray for the wires, then stuck a bit of foam under the ipod to kinda keep it from rattling about.

aint no show car or mad sterro anyway in my car, that was taken when it was in my old red corsa. its a great thing to have in the greyskull bus as it saves on the weight of 40 million cd's

New Poll