corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cam belt change :( and some other bits

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cam belt change :( and some other bits
N90ATH

User status: Offline
10th Jan 06 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well cam belts due its change and went to vuaxhall to get the a quote and its 215 quid and my water pumps gone they said an etc bout 50-70 quid to have that fitted and they wanted 80 quid to do my rear bearing

hmmm do i go some were else or just ket them do it
broster
Premium Member

10th Jan 06 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why charge extra to fit a water pump whe nit should be done on a cam belt change! how could they tel lits knackered? i sware they dont cost that much!? getting it done there means its no quibbles in theory! take it else where to do bearing if you think you can have that done cheaper
marklawton

10th Jan 06 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to a noraml garage and get it done, i had a cambelt done and a full service done on my sport for 200 by a nomall garage
N90ATH

10th Jan 06 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na they dnt know its dneed changing ive done almost 40k out of this one so want it changed for piece of mind and that the cost they gave me then they said it would be extra for waterpump as parts and labour of taking it out and fitting new one lol

think i'm gonna go to nationwide for rear bearing cost me 50 quid for last one may ask them bout cambelt and water pump 2
ste_nova

10th Jan 06 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

learn to fix your own car...
hopper

10th Jan 06 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
why charge extra to fit a water pump whe nit should be done on a cam belt change! how could they tel lits knackered? i sware they dont cost that much!? getting it done there means its no quibbles in theory! take it else where to do bearing if you think you can have that done cheaper

extra charge it because of the extra labour, the new pump will have to be adjusted so as the timing belt tension is correct. genuine pump is £39 for an 8v and £58 for 16v.

rearing bearing easy enough to do, again genuine is £27
broster
Premium Member

10th Jan 06 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know whats involved in fitting a new pump! didnt realise genuine ones were so pricey.....

learn to do the work yourself lol! cam belt really isnt that hard to be honest
Robin
Premium Member

10th Jan 06 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i paid less than that for my cambelt, metal rollers, alternator belt, tensioner and a new waterpump.... get fake parts, much cheaper
ryansss

11th Jan 06 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a new water pump and belt 2 weeks ago. Didnt go Vauxhall as I new it would be fortunes. Pump died on the Tuesday, Local garage put a new pump in, and belt weds morning £170

New Poll