corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wiring to parcel shelf

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wiring to parcel shelf
skell

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 06 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wiring some 6x9's (dont need a lecture on how i should get a sub and an amp an all that) into a parcel shelf ...... currently theres no rear speakers so i will be wiring from the back of the headunit to the shelf and want your advice on where to put the wire as i dont want it randomly trailed around my seats and that? plus i have hear its impossible to get under the carpet.
Planty02

2nd Feb 06 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=154522

This tutorial is for an amp but you can run the cables in the same place

Easy peasy
craig8
Premium Member

2nd Feb 06 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used one of these http://www.maplin.co.uk/search.aspx?MenuNo=262&MenuName=Loudspeaker%20Connectors&FromMenu=y&criteria=Loudspeaker%20Connectors&doy=2m2&worldid=2 to connect mines up, meant i could take the shelf out whenever

all wiring was behind the plastics witha hole drilled in the plastics in the boot and the female terminal on that

shelf had wires glues to it so the onyl wires with were visible were the ones connected to the male end

E36 328
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

3rd Feb 06 at 01:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you checked that the cable is not there already? Take the rear inner panel off and see if you have any spare blocks and cables there, just to save all the hassle.
skell

3rd Feb 06 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it supposed to be there even if ive never had reAr speakers?
Black Corsa SRi

3rd Feb 06 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it may well be some parrs of wiring looms are there anyway even if the thing there intended for isnt fitted to the car its just easier than removing em off the loom for the price of the extra bit of wire its the speakers themselves that cost the money
PhilC

4th Feb 06 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this problem on my 1.0...

There are no rear speakers, but the wiring leaves the back of the head unit for all 4 channels and into the loom. I spent around an hour trying to find it but eventually gave up and ran down own down the left side. I presume thats the most common place?

New Poll