corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » More website help...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author More website help...
ed

User status: Offline
7th Jun 06 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a simple way that I can have an images folder which will contain quite a few images and a script which will take the images from this folder and put them all onto a page using a bit of Javascript and or PHP without needing to log the file names of the images on a database or in the file?

Just so that I can keep on putting images into this folder and they will keep on adding themselves to the page with no hassle...
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Jun 06 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PHP would be the best option for this. The script itself is quite simple, just a directory handle which gives you an array which you then loop through making things look nice as you go.

Gets more complicated if you want thumbnails.

As a quick fix you could also just allow directory browsing as willay has done with fosho. Web server will organise it for you then.
ed

7th Jun 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could allow directory browsing... It just needs to look a bit more pretty than that I think. I'll try using the PHP way. I'll have a look on php.net
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jun 06 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah there will be something out there to do it, if not get back on here and I'll knock something up.

New Poll