corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » adjusting handbrake?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author adjusting handbrake?
mrmattholmes
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
26th Oct 06 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do i adjust the handbrake on my 96 corsa gsi? it works fine just comes up to far
Marc

26th Oct 06 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my car its a case of un doing a bolt and doing it back up when you are happy with the number of clicks/height. I'd imagine the Corsa is the same.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

26th Oct 06 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have an auto adjusting fork in the drum. usually get all dry and sieze after a while. I would take the opportunity to change the shoes and drums and all the springs in the drum (wont be more than £70 for the lot) and leave the djusting forks in petrol overnight to clean them. then re-assemble them with copperslip. did mine that way 1-2 years ago, work fine every time now.

New Poll