corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Anyone recommend a good DVR for CCTV?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone recommend a good DVR for CCTV?
Bart

User status: Offline
13th Nov 06 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a CCTV mag here, but no experience with any. I was wondering if anyone knew for a good DVR which i can also connect to the Computer and manager recordings, images, videos on the PC too.
John

13th Nov 06 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a card from ebay for about 100 quid.

At the time it seemed equivalent to what you could buy from normal shops for about 500.
Bart

13th Nov 06 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Superb new feature packed DVR with built-in DVD recorder & 400GB Drive fitted

Up to 200 FPS
Triplex
DVD Back Up as Standard
Your Logo in the software!
Jog Shuttle Control
PTZ Support
Networkable
Unlimited Dual HD Size
Free VGA Option
Free Remote Control

When you only have a limited budget & you're not looking for the cheapest DVR but you do want all the bells and whistles with great picture quality then our all-new SMART series DVR is ideal.

Even for the most demanding of customers the SMART2 series has all the key features on most people's wish list with superb leading-edge features and high quality recording and playback. You can connect to the SMART2 over a standard computer network (LAN) so its great for traditional commercial applications as well as remote monitoring over the Internet. One of the main advantages of the SmartDVR is its ease of use. It's simple to install and easy for the end-user to operate.

This makes it an ideal choice for installers and customers who want a DVR that delivers the performance without having to be a "rocket scientist" to fit or use it.

Even playing back a recording is easy with the SmartDVR. The built-in Jog & Shuttle control makes finding a particular incident effortless. You can forward or rewind the "Digital Recording" frame by frame to easily find the vital image that you're looking for. If you go past the image you can "nudge" the recording backwards frame-by-frame until you find the exact incident, it really is that easy!

TheSmartDVR has a robust networking feature that allows the customer to connect to the DVR from any networked PC, you can see live images or playback recorded files.

From an office chair you could see who's in the reception or from a villa in Spain you could check on your UK home! The superb network software (supplied free!) produces clear and sharp images that surpass many other cheaper as well as more expensive DVRs.

You can even have your Company details in this software!*

The client software that allows the user to connect to a DVR over a network by their PC even has the ability to display your Company Name, Logo, Telephone number in it so that the DVR can be truly branded as your own. Every time your customer connects to the DVR they have your name and number in front of them - totally free but powerful advertising.

Supplied with the DVR are simple instructions how to do this. If you don't want to do this yourself for a small fee of £19, we will produce the software with your details and send it out to you by email. A further option is available to have this delivered by post on a CD.

If your capture an incident on the DVR that you wish to give to the police as evidence you can save the incident to your PC then burn it to disk or burn it to a CD using the DVR's built-in CD writer.

Summary - Using the theSmartDVR couldn't be easier. It's a great all-round product that records with high quality images. The Software with your Company name in it is great for promoting further sales. Good value for money without necessarily compromising on quality.

This product code is supplied with a 400GB Hard Drive already fitted.

that sounds good dont it. Im ideally looking for a DVR and not PCI cards as i can use the digital alarm inputs on things such as PIR sensors.
John

13th Nov 06 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can use all them with a pci card but depends what you want to do of course.
Bart

13th Nov 06 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you got a link to your PCI card?

I presume you;ve got software with yours to schedule recordings etc too?

also, whats the quality like with your cameras? did you spend alot on the cameras?
John

13th Nov 06 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yip, software as well that lets you schedule etc but its not the best software ever tbh. Does what it has to though.

I spend a lot on cameras, couple of hundred quid each nearly 2 years ago.

The card doesn't record in as high quality as the cameras are supplying though.
Bart

13th Nov 06 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm.. i might stick to the DVR unit. It has ethernet software built in, and can record directly onto the 400gb disk, and wont take up space on the pc.

The cameras i was looking at were £259, dome cameras. I can get a keyboard for about £50 for moving the cameras once they're in.... no climbing up ladders to adjust at anytime.

thanks for the info
John

13th Nov 06 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can i get a link to the cameras?

Anytime i look proper ptz dome cameras are thousands.

New Poll